Is it just me or do all a119 have a bit of a blurry side?

stelloy

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I'm on my 3rd replacement so far and each and everyone has had a blurry edge or a blurry center image. Is this normal to not be sharp all across the frame?

My first copy had a blurry left side reaching all the way to the center of the image.

My second copy also had a blurry left side but, wasn't as bad as the first copy.

My third copy was sharp edge to edge except the center of the video where it was blurry.

All of these are new and upgraded to the newest firmware. Cleaned the lenses. Made sure my windshield was as clean as it can be. Anything that degrades the video, I have turned off in the settings.

Post a frame grab from the current one in original resolution showing the problem so that we can judge if it is normal or...

Post a frame grab from the current one in original resolution showing the problem so that we can judge if it is normal or...
It seems to me it's focused on the hood area. In the reflections of the hood the cars are much sharper then when viewed normally.
fBTJo0S.jpg
dI5tYBC.jpg
Hgz5Ehd.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
It seems to me it's focused on the hood area. In the reflections of the hood the cars are much sharper then when viewed normally.
You have a problem with the focus.
You can upload the original video to a file sharing service, not Youtube.

Was it hot? Lenses do tend to go out of focus a bit when they get hot...

And always shift towards a near focus it seem, at least i cant recall a single case where it have shifted to a longer focus.

Lenses do tend to go out of focus a bit when they get hot...
No, this is not the rule!
The lenses themselves are made of glass, they are in a metal flask, the lens is screwed into the holder, on 119 it is made of plastic, with a metal lens holder there are no problems, the focus is normal.

Back