Is it my 128gb SD card

roadkill401

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I went out and purchased a couple of Samsung 128gb SD cards for my A119 unit. I have not had any real need to look at the card so it has sat inside the unit and just does its thing. This past weekend I went for a long tip up north so I replaced the card with a second 128gb samsung card as I wanted to forward the footage to one of the firmware mod people.

The first 46 files were fine. Then there is a whole section of mp4 files that I can only speculate are all corrupt. Now I reading this card on my iMac so I don't know if this is just a compatibility issue with the mac and what the viofo write, or if it's just a defective SD card. Does anyone else have issues with reading large SD cards from an A119 on a mac? it is worthwhile pulling the A119 out of the car and using it as an SD reader to see if I can pull the other files off the card? It is a bit disappointing as the card wasn' cheep and the drive home was through some pretty awful snow, sleet and pounding rain with a thunderstorm, so the footage would be very interesting to see how well it looks in those conditions.

Same thing with my A119v2, and a Samsung Evo 128 gb card, also same on a mobius maxi with the same card.
Not checked in a while, see an hour or so of files missing, seemingly a continuous chunk.
I formatted the card in the mobius, seemed ok the next day, then the A119v2 had the same problem.
FWIW I run these cams 24/7, 25 days a month or so. I think the cards are 8 months or so old. May be hitting the rewrite limits.

The large capacity card is OK on A119, it depends on the card itself. I use the 128GB and 200GB card for daily testing on A119 and A129 series.
If there is corrupted files, please try to enter the playback mode, the camera will repair the files automatically while in play back mode.

Back