Is it OK to power two Viofo a119 through one 12V to 5A dual USB piggy back?

JRUK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it OK to power two Viofo a119 through one 12V to 5A dual USB piggy back fuse?

I have a Skoda Octavia MK3 VRS 2018 and I want to piggy back off one fuse with a:

JZK® Car Power Converter DC 12V to 5V/ 3A Voltage Converter with Dual USB Adapter Connectors for phone charging car audio radio etc https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B06XSCCLCD
Don't need parking mode. Will I be able to power both cameras one adaptor and fuse?

I was using a Vico power plus to have power monitoring for parking mode on my MK2 Skoda but my MK3 doesn't like it as its interfering with my start/Stop engine feature.

I'm going to eliminate the need for a cigrette light adaptor male to female as I dont like push fit installation anymore. So the 12V to 5A adaptor is needed.

Sorry, sub wrong forum.

Is it OK to power two Viofo a119 through one 12V to 5A dual USB piggyback fuse?

I have a Skoda Octavia MK3 VRS 2018 and I want to piggyback off one fuse with a:

JZK® Car Power Converter DC 12V to 5V/ 3A Voltage Converter with Dual USB Adapter Connectors for phone charging car audio radio etc https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B06XSCCLCD

Don't need parking mode. Will I be able to power both cameras one adaptor and fuse?

I was using a Vico power plus to have power monitoring for parking mode on my MK2 Skoda but my MK3 doesn't like it as its interfering with my start/Stop engine feature.

I'm going to eliminate the need for a cigarette lighter adaptor male to female as I don't like push-fit installation anymore. So the 12V to 5A adaptor is needed.

That adapter should be fine for two cameras.

What doesn't your car like about the Vico-Power Plus? Curious...

That adapter should be fine for two cameras.

What doesn't your car like about the Vico-Power Plus? Curious...

I was piggy backing off two fuses:-
Slot 40 '12-Volt outlet' for constant power - this had a 20amp fuse in it.
Slot 4 "Assist blind spot monitoring' for ignition power. This has no fuse as I don't have this feature.

Even with bypass on with the Vico-Power plus my cars start/stop system would complain about 'high power consumption' and not work.

I was piggy backing off two fuses:-
Slot 40 '12-Volt outlet' for constant power - this had a 20amp fuse in it.
Slot 4 "Assist blind spot monitoring' for ignition power. This has no fuse as I don't have this feature.

Even with bypass on with the Vico-Power plus my cars start/stop system would complain about 'high power consumption' and not work.

If you haven't already, try other fuses and see if the VPP can be made to work without the high power consumption warning.

I don't have alot of choice for fuses as my car came with alot of electrical extras that I don't want to piggy back off. VAG cars seem to be very sensative to any changes which then messes systems up. I've already had my car in twice for the start/Stop system which after the last visit was working perfectly until I hooked up the Vico again so I'm ditching it. Can't be done with the stress of it and dont want to screw my car up, especially while in warranty.

I'm not certain it's the Vico at all but don't want to chance it anymore.

Last edited:
VAG cars seem to be very sensative to any changes which then messes systems up.
You could bypass the system and connect direct to the battery.

In future, buy a vehicle from a different manufacturer, there is no need for these systems that prevent you from doing whatever you want, they just add cost for no benefit!

Back