Is it possible to completely turn off GPS tracking?

smarty156

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per thread title, is it possible to disable GPS completely on the F770?
I know you can choose whether or not it's displayed when the video is played back but I want it off completely.
Thanks.

It's not possible i'm afraid. The only way i could think of to try and do that would involve putting something metallic (tin foil for example) over the GPS part of the camera but it wouldn't look pretty! Can i ask why you would like to disable it?

Reactions: e1.
I am interested in this matter as well. The dashcam gps interfere with my Navigational system. So I am also want to know.

I didn't know a GPS receiver could transmit to cause interference. Now I am just curious, I haven't had any problems from mine in this way.

All electrical and electronic circuits "transmit" by the very nature of how electricity works.

There are a number of good reasons for wanting to turn GPS off, but all that should matter to a manufacturer is that people want this and if you do not give it to them they may decide to buy from someone else who does.

Phil

I know they all transmit, but most are at such an extremely low level they don't produce enough RF to cause interference. I was just curious if these did. If I remember right, there is some regulation that states how much RF a device can produce to keep them from causing interference to other devices.

Yeah, turning off a GPS ought be an option made available for those that don't want or need it. As far as I know, mine shuts down during parking mode to save on power consumption. But I keep mine active for the speed indicator.

the problem he has is more likely the processor or the CMOS sensor interfering rather than the actual GPS so disabling that is unlikely to help anyway

Reactions: e1.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
egonvdv F770 8
CatchMyNeighbor F770 3
Back