Is it possible to use a cam with and without a battery pack - essentially a dual / separate hookup?

walt007

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I'd like to have both the dash-cam and the Cellink Neo hardwired to my car (Subaru Forester, 2018). It's getting hot and I don't want to use the Neo year round. It's pretty hot here in the summer and temperatures can range from high 80s to high 90s. I have a black car and it gets quite warm inside. So, I'm wondering if there's a way to have the best of both worlds - I could use the cellink during the fall, winter and spring and use a regular hardwiring for the summer. My cam is a Thinkware F800Pro.

If there's a way to get this done the I'm pretty sure the technician who is installing it will do it or figure out a way to complete the project. I just thought I would ask on this forum in case anyone else has tried this. If so, I can forward on the information and save some $ from his hourly rate.

Edit: I'm wondering if it would easier to just use two power cables... I could use the hardwire cable during the summer months and then during the fall, winter and spring months use the Cellink Neo which I could keep in the armrest compartment as it has a cigarette charger. Would that be a good solution? I think it would just require the extra power cable to connect the cam to the cellink neo.

Last edited:
I'm trying to avoid using the Cellink Neo during the summer. I know it's rated for higher temperatures but I still don't want to leave it in an extremely hot car. I can deal with a few months of shorter parking mode recordings. However, I still want the extending parking mode that the Cellink provides during the Fall, Winter and Spring.

you could use a DPDT switch to switch between two power sources

Back