Is it safe to downgrade firmware for parking surveillance?

phoenix88

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello all from Turkey.

I have bought A500s Dash Cam Pro Plus + by watching review videos. "Parking Surveillance" mode was active without hardware kit at all the reviews. This is the key feature for me to buy it. When I received it I noticed that "parking surveillance" mode was inactivated without hardware kit. I don't want to buy this kit. It is enough to record emergency video for me when it detect collision by using built-in battery.

I researched this situation and it's brought me here. I think 1.0.2ww_20210403 is the last version of activated "parking surveillance" mode by using built-in battery to record. After 1.06.ww version this feature was lifted by 70mai. And my device's current version is 1.1.20ww.

So my question is can I downgrade my version to 1.0.2ww and it let me to use "parking surveillance" mode by using built-in battery?

Also, Is it safe process? Because authorized persons from 70mai forums explained why they lifted this feature because "parking surveillance" mode with battery damaging device. Are they right or just marketing strategy to make customers buy hardware kit? Besides, if it's like this why let "parking surveillance" mode with battery with Dash Cam Lite model. Seems like completely same product even Lite model has less features than A500s Dash Cam Pro Plus +.

70mai closed its forum. They are completely fraud brand to tell their customers liar. Be far away from their products!

What is the fraud?...
You can write to them at help@70mai.com if there is no your problem in the FAQ.
The parking surveillance function is available if there is a cable. Look, it's written about it. If it used to work without a special cable, it does not mean that it was correct...
Hc41ee62e88cb4e21944194e661a2b5e2u.jpg

Now let's get to the point. Yes, you can install firmware 1.0.2ww:

And yes, the built-in battery will wear out faster. Because it is designed to save video in case of a power failure.

Firstly thank you for your answer.

I haven't seen any brand take back the given advertised feature after. As I said Lite model in Turkey still has this feature. Why if its dangerous for battery? And why did they give this feature in the beginning? They did not test it.

70mai force people to give extra money for buying hardware kit is my idea. And do you beleive they solve my issue :) There were many of repeated complains at the forum before they have closed it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K A500S Dash Cam Pro Plus + 2