Is mobius still the king of dash cams?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been away for years, i still have 3 mobius dash cams, first gen.

so can anyone update me on something similar? i know the 2nd gen had a lot of bad reviews.

NO ! they had little luck with products following the original,,,, which is very sad.
But in general things have been moving along nicely in the past years, worth while 4K dashcams are looming on the horizon. and you will find nice 1080 and 1440p cameras on the market today.

I'm thinking about adding a Mobius to my car but I have mixed feeling when reading the reviews on Amazon. What's the most reliable model of this brand?

The original Mobius, compared to the latest proper dashcams is poor in the dark and low resolution, plus lacking in parking modes, wifi, bluetooth, CPL, dual views, etc.

Might be sensible to give your requirements so that some recommendations can be given...

I think even if Mobius get back on track, it would be smart to hold back a little and see how things mature.
And if the form factor of mobius are not locking you in to that, then really you should look at other things too.

I think even if Mobius get back on track, it would be smart to hold back a little and see how things mature.
And if the form factor of mobius are not locking you in to that, then really you should look at other things too.
What is the best if you want to stick with the form factor of the Mobius?
Maybe Gitup F1 Super Capacitor ?

The original Mobius is as good as it ever was but has been well surpassed in many ways now by newer and better sensors (especially in low light), higher bitrates, and more features in several other cams. The M2 (if you can find it) has been orphaned by them and the Maxi still isn't ready for prime time IMHO as it's still buggy in some ways. The F1 is a similar form-factor and much more advanced save for the individual adjustability of certain vid parameters which only the original Mobius ever had. In every other way it's a better cam now that it has a capacitor version.

I much respect the original Mobius for being the most thoroughly developed cam, for being the most durable cam, and for it's extreme adjustability. Only it's old hardware has relegated it to being a lesser choice now.

Phil

The one thing about the Mobius 1 camera is that it is hands-down the most reliable you can buy for use as a dash cam, PERIOD! No other camera on the market has ever matched the ability of the Mobius to just keep working properly without problems no matter what conditions you throw at it.

So what's the name of original Mobius?

Just "Mobius", nothing more. Their other wares are the "Mobius Maxi", the "Mobius Mini", and the discontinued "Mobius2". Here's a pic:
Mobius at SpyTec

Phil

Can you send me the link? I found it on many websites but the seller gives many variation of the product which makes me confused

There are lens and powering variations of the original cam. It can have a LiPo battery or supercaps. There are a few different lens options for narrow and wide angles.

Look at link to pic above and the cam body- the other Mobius cams look quite different.

Phil

The Mobius has to be the most versatile and hard-wearing cam out there. A new battery can last 2.5 hrs in mine and the video quality is hard to beat. Best £60 I ever spent.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but my (original) Mobius may have died a death. Before I resort to buying a replacement, is the current model as good as the original has been?

Well, it so happens that the Mobius 1 appears to have been discontinued. You can still get hold of them from resellers such as Webbex, although the last time I spoke to Chris he was having to reconstruct some models as he's running out of some lens variants.

A shame. The two cameras I have (front and back) have been excellent in every way for several years.

I think a new version is on the way

Back