Is my 412GW Faulty/Broken?

c955

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - I just got my first dashcam - a 412GW :cool:

I updated the firmware from 11.2 to the current/latest 16.2 via Replay 3.

I tried a few microSD cards which I already owned, but they didn't seem to work.

Is there any other hack or trick that previous owners have had luck with that I can try?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Step 1, the card needs testing. You need a card reader and a USB3 port.

Then download h2testw and give it a check.

If that all works out then download Speedout and check the write speed. Nextbase need a fairly fast card.

Step 1, the card needs testing. You need a card reader and a USB3 port.

Then download h2testw and give it a check.

If that all works out then download Speedout and check the write speed. Nextbase need a fairly fast card.

Thanks for the first step.

I have a Mac so used 'Blackmagic Speed Test' to verify the read/write speeds. Like I say, I'm confident there's nothing wrong with the card as it works in anything else and can be formatted by my Mac as well as my little digital compact camera.

What would you suggest next?

Last edited:
TBH, I always recommend the Samsung Evo Plus. That has very fast write speeds, which is all that counts, and is now a very reasonable price.

Just make sure you buy it from Scan or Amazon direct, never the marketplace. Also MrMemory or MyMemory, can'tcremember which it is.

My Samsung has now being going 3 years in 4 dashcams, including a 412 and has never had a problem.

I do have a thread, here in the NB area with my Sammy specs.

Hello,

At this point I'd recommend for us to send you a tester SD card to try with the camera. Please message us directly with your details, or contact us directly via 02920 866429 or support@nextbase.com and we'll get that sent to you.

This will determine once and for all if it's a faulty SD card or a faulty camera.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase Technical Support

Back