Is my Cellink Neo installed correctly?

xLights

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi everyone,

Im not experienced with tech so I just have a basic question regarding the cellink neo 6 (which I recently had installed) and was hoping someone could clarify for me please.

I heard that normally with the cellink neo, if it’s installed via an ignition on/switched fuse then it should beep whenever you turn on and off the engine as it is connects/disconnects from the car’s power source. However with my cellink there is no beep when I turn on or off my engine. I have also checked in the app and it is set to beep (default). Does this mean that it wasn’t set up correctly?

I’m worried that the guy I asked to set everything up used a constant fuse connection and that will end up draining my car battery?

Would someone be able to explain if I have an incorrect understanding or is this is actually correct.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
In the app, you should be able to see the "Charging(V/A)" value go drop to a 0.0V/0mA value when the ignition is turned off.

Your vehicle may have a feature which provides power until a door is opened or on a timer (up to 10 minutes usually) called Retained Accessory Power (that's the name of that feature in GM vehicles). If the app still shows power after turning off the ignition, try opening the driver side door and see if the "Charging(V/A)" goes to 0.

Having the charging power turn off with the ignition switch is the preferred configuration. If you still see power provided to the Cellink Neo after turning off the ignition switch but it does turn off when you open the driver side door (Retained Accessory Power), that will work but the Cellink Neo will continue to draw charging power while RAP is active.

If you see "Charging(V/A)" always shows a non zero value, then it would appear the fuse socket selected is providing constant power and that should be corrected.

In this picture you see that "Charging(V/A)" value is "0.0V/0mA" when the power to the battery pack is turned off.
cellink_neo_app_not_charging.png

Thats good advise right there.

In the app, you should be able to see the "Charging(V/A)" value go drop to a 0.0V/0mA value when the ignition is turned off.

Your vehicle may have a feature which provides power until a door is opened or on a timer (up to 10 minutes usually) called Retained Accessory Power (that's the name of that feature in GM vehicles). If the app still shows power after turning off the ignition, try opening the driver side door and see if the "Charging(V/A)" goes to 0.

Having the charging power turn off with the ignition switch is the preferred configuration. If you still see power provided to the Cellink Neo after turning off the ignition switch but it does turn off when you open the driver side door (Retained Accessory Power), that will work but the Cellink Neo will continue to draw charging power while RAP is active.

If you see "Charging(V/A)" always shows a non zero value, then it would appear the fuse socket selected is providing constant power and that should be corrected.

In this picture you see that "Charging(V/A)" value is "0.0V/0mA" when the power to the battery pack is turned off.
View attachment 59118
Hi,
Thank you for your reply and going into detail. I checked again as you suggested and the charging v/a does drop to 0 after I turn off the ignition. Problem solved, thanks for you help.

Hi everyone,

Im not experienced with tech so I just have a basic question regarding the cellink neo 6 (which I recently had installed) and was hoping someone could clarify for me please.

I heard that normally with the cellink neo, if it’s installed via an ignition on/switched fuse then it should beep whenever you turn on and off the engine as it is connects/disconnects from the car’s power source. However with my cellink there is no beep when I turn on or off my engine. I have also checked in the app and it is set to beep (default). Does this mean that it wasn’t set up correctly?

I’m worried that the guy I asked to set everything up used a constant fuse connection and that will end up draining my car battery?

Would someone be able to explain if I have an incorrect understanding or is this is actually correct.

Thanks in

View attachment 59118
Good Afternoon,
I'm having some issues adding the external batteries mah. Is there a trick to this. I've reset the powercell 8, and I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app several times. Sometimes when I've reset the app, you can see that it's reading one battery and then the other. But, the app just won't read both mah combined. I'm using Power cell 8 and Cellink Neo7 ext.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211127-121647_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211127-121647_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 5
Good Afternoon,
I'm having some issues adding the external batteries mah. Is there a trick to this. I've reset the powercell 8, and I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app several times. Sometimes when I've reset the app, you can see that it's reading one battery and then the other. But, the app just won't read both mah combined. I'm using Power cell 8 and Cellink Neo7 ext.
In the Admin page, the "Ext. Battery capacity" field is a user enterable field value. The PowerCell 8 doesn't know how many external batteries (if any) are attached to it so it can't set this field value automatically. If you've added one external battery, you would set that field to 6600 and then click on the SAVE button at the bottom of the Admin page.

When you go back to the main page, it should show the combined capacity of 7500+6600 = 14100.

In the Admin page, the "Ext. Battery capacity" field is a user enterable field value. The PowerCell 8 doesn't know how many external batteries (if any) are attached to it so it can't set this field value automatically. If you've added one external battery, you would set that field to 6600 and then click on the SAVE button at the bottom of the Admin page.

When you go back to the main page, it should show the combined capacity of 7500+6600 = 14100.
Thanks for the quick reply. That's the problem, I've tried that more times than I can count. I'll enter the external battery mah, hit save. Nothing. It'll say "saved value" but the total is only for one battery.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's the problem, I've tried that more times than I can count. I'll enter the external battery mah, hit save. Nothing. It'll say "saved value" but the total is only for one battery.
I'm using the 1.4.9. Cellink Neo Plus app

I'm using the 1.4.9. Cellink Neo Plus app
Based on that version number, I'm guessing you're using the Android version of the Cellink Neo Plus app.

I tried setting the "Ext. Battery capacity" field using the iOS app v1.4.10 and it worked 100% of the time.

When I tried setting this same field with the 1.4.9 Android version of the app, it seemed to be a problem based on how you finish/exit entering the field value for that setting.

The Android device I'm using: Tripltek 8 Pro Android tablet running Android 10

There's seems to be an input field focus issue. When the Android virtual keyboard pops up and you enter the field value of 6600, if you click on the "\/" down arrow button (lower left corner) to hide the virtual keyboard or if you click on the SAVE button that has been scrolled up the screen above the virtual keyboard, the field value is NOT saved.

If you enter the 6600 value (or any "new" value) and click on the checkmark button on the virtual keyboard which also closes down the virtual keyboard, the updated value does get saved when you click on the SAVE button. The app is not seeing the updated field input value depending on how the user finishes/exits the data input for that field value.

I hope that works for you as well.

You're the Man, thanks that worked. Amazing, something like that would cause the input problem.

Are you using one or two batteries for your dashcam.
I'm using only one battery (PowerCell 8) in this installation. I can't justify the extra cost of the additional external battery. Since I test dashcams and I have multiple dashcams installed in my vehicle at the same time, I decided I wanted the PowerCell 8 for my testing needs. There are many times I have three different dashcams installed in my test mule car.

I now have three dashcam battery packs in my test mule car:

Cellink B
BlackVue B-112
PowerCell 8

I purchased the Cellink B several years ago when I purchased my first dashcam (Thinkware F800 Pro). It supports 3-wire parking mode dash cameras, so I connect it to cameras requiring 3-wires for hardwired parking mode operations.

I received a BlackVue B-112 dashcam battery pack last year from Pittasoft and I reviewed it on my channel. The B-112 only has a 2-wire output connector, so I use it with dashcams that don't have a parking mode feature or ones that are motion based.

Pittasoft also sent me a BlackVue B-124X dashcam battery pack last year. I reviewed it on my channel. I ended up giving a DR900S 2-CH and the B-124X battery pack to a friend of mine that really needed a dashcam.

I recently purchased the BlackboxMyCar PowerCell 8. This will give me a second dashcam battery pack in this same vehicle to power any dashcam with 3-wire power connectivity for parking mode operations.

My channel brings in a limited amount of money, but not enough to go wild with my purchases. The PowerCell 8 looked like the best option for me right now with how I use dashcam battery packs.

Cool, if you have people sending you batteries... that's better. They are pretty pricey. If I was smart, I should've just unplugged my dashcam at night while in the garage. That would've saved me 8-9hrs of battery time and not purchasing another battery.

Is there a way to see wh
Cool, if you have people sending you batteries... that's better. They are pretty pricey. If I was smart, I should've just unplugged my dashcam at night while in the garage. That would've saved me 8-9hrs of battery time and not purchasing another battery.
Is there a way to actually see the Cellink Neo 7 ext charging/usable time. Unilke the other Cellink, this is older model and only has 2 in/out ports.

Is there a way to see wh

Is there a way to actually see the Cellink Neo 7 ext charging/usable time. Unilke the other Cellink, this is older model and only has 2 in/out ports.
I don't believe the extended battery packs have any bluetooth capabilities. The primary battery is responsible for the entire "set" of batteries (primary plus all extended batteries connected to it).

I don't believe the extended battery packs have any bluetooth capabilities. The primary battery is responsible for the entire "set" of batteries (primary plus all extended batteries connected to it).
So we assume the the battery is working because we inputtted the #. Do you think we could chat on the phone?! I was messing with the app as I was driving and it'll be easier to explain on the phone what was happening.

Not sure of you got this in the text

We were just talking about this. Notice the battery capacity of each picture. I did this a minute ago, to check the app while in parking mode. When I added the ext battery capacity back in, 48% came up. That should definitely be the extended battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-104237_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-104237_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20211128-104316_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-104316_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20211128-104408_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-104408_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 5
Not sure of you got this in the text

We were just talking about this. Notice the battery capacity of each picture. I did this a minute ago, to check the app while in parking mode. When I added the ext battery capacity back in, 48% came up. That should definitely be the extended battery.
More experimenting, Turn the car on looked at app 81%, looks about right. I changed the external battery capacity to 0 and that "battery" was about the same, also looks about right. But, the moment I changed the capacity back 14.1 the app was reading in the teens for the first battery, changed to 0, second battery in the teens also. Not sure whats going. It seems like its reading the best when you cycle the Power cell 8 and don't change any #s. The moment you do, its all over the place. I'll try attaching the old batteries back(since I haven't returned them yet) and mess with the app and see what happens.

Back