Is my gps dying

Accident

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Sg9665gc v3
Today i noticed while reviewing dash cam footage that my gps was only working intermittently. The data will disappear and randomly start up again during my drive to work, while some days it will record the entire trip.

I wanted to confirm which product you have, this post is in the generic "Street Guardian" section. Your profile says SG9665GC V3 but wanted to confirm.

Did you make sure the GPS was plugged in deep enough? Where is the GPS mounted exactly? (and is it far enough from the dashcam?)

Are you in the USA or Canada? (GEO Locate shows USA, profile says Canada) How long have you had it?

Are you on the latest firmware? Are you checking to see if the GPS icon on the live LCD screen shows up green/locked from time to time during troubleshooting?

Yes its a SG9665GC v3

I made sure it was plugged in all the way in the unit and on the extension as well. I get a “No GPS” on the bottom corner when the gps data isn't working. When the gps does work it does the usual red icon then green once it picks it up.

I'm in canada vpn is on.

I believe i bought the gps in 2017, last firmware update was in 2018

Where is the GPS mounted and is it far enough away from the dashcam itself?

I would test without the extension for a bit to see if that's it.

If you need a replacement GPS, @Street Guardian Canada (Sam) can point you in the right direction for help.

Back