Is my ITB-100HD faulty?

Mack

Reaction score
I just installed my itb 100hd together with the power saver a few days back.

I set it to record 'shock' only. It continued recording even when the engine was off. But when i played it back, the videos were not 'P' but mostly 'N' and a few 'E'. It only showed a 'P' when i got back to the car.

Just now i parked the car for 2hrs and there wasn't any recording from the time i off the engine till i got back.

The camera LED was still on when i got back . If there's no recording, shldnt the cam be off?

For those using the power saver, does the LED on the power saver blink when the engine is off?

I also noticed that during parking mode, the cam gets really hot. Is this normal? It feels like it could set itself on fire if left on in the afternoon.

Would appreciate some advise

Can't help with your issues but my cam gets really hot all the time too. I'm not sure whether it's a problem - I'm guessing they all do it but I've been considering drilling some cooling holes in the back when I get round to drilling out the microphone hole.

Hi Mack,

In parking mode, the camera is always on waiting for an event (shock or motion). If you are using shock mode only, the camera will not capture any video when parked unless someone hits your car, hence why no video was saved during the 2 hours in parking mode. Not sure why you would want to use shock mode only since it will not capture an impact but rather capture what happens after the impact.

Take a look at this video from an ITB-100HD in parking mode using both shock and motion sensing. Note that if shock sensor was only used, only the aftermath of the accident would have been captured.

As for the camera running hot, yes it does but I don't think it will catch on fire :?

Dash Cam Man

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi DashCamMan

Thanks for the video. That's very useful.

So now i know why there's no recording on Shock sensor. :D

For motion sensing in parking mode, i noticed that even when there's nothing moving in front of the car the cam is still recoding clips under 'N' and 'E'.

Is that the correct procedure?

Hi Mack,

Since the camera is always receiving power, it needs to figure out when parking mode begins. It enters into parking mode automatically when the vehicle doesn't move for 5 minutes. These "N" and "E" recordings may be during this time period.

Dash Cam Man

Back