Is my Mobius Action Cam now dead or can it be revived?

theophilus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had my Mobius Action Cam for a few years now and it's been working fine up until now - it's now stopped recording. Where do I go from here?

Nowadays when connected to power the Red Led flashes 3 times , there is a pause, it flashes once again, another pause, and then it flashes once again - ie the red led flashes 5 times in the cycle - then the cycle repeats. The long of the short of it is it doesnt record.

Ive upgraded and downgraded the firmware, ive reformatted the SD card to Fat and ex-Fat several times, ive tried another SD card,. Despite all this it wont work.

Where do I go from here? Is it kaput?

Try pressing the reset button and see what happens. Also, even though you've already tried this I would see if yet a third memory card makes any difference. Another thing to try is to check if there is any lint or dirt inside the SD card slot. Use a toothpick and some compressed air to clean it out. For anyone reading this, it's a good idea to do this occasionally anyway just to prevent future issues.

If the camera works well enough so that you are able to reinstall firmware, it is not dead. There may be some other issue though and it will require some further troubleshooting.

If all else fails you can buy a new PCB for your camera for about 38 USD and using your current lens module, case, battery and/or super-cap you'll be good as new.

Thanks for the advice. I cleaned it out with a shot of compressed air, installed 2.37 again, put in my 128gb sd card and formatted to ex-Fat and it's all working again now!

This MobiusAction Cam (Lens A) was bugging me for over 2 weeks. I get reduced insurance premium because I have this. When it wasnt working I bought another Mobius Cam (Lens Type C). Im having some problems with this new one, so if you see me post dont get confused!

Try pressing the reset button and see what happens. Also, even though you've already tried this I would see if yet a third memory card makes any difference. Another thing to try is to check if there is any lint or dirt inside the SD card slot. Use a toothpick and some compressed air to clean it out. For anyone reading this, it's a good idea to do this occasionally anyway just to prevent future issues.

If the camera works well enough so that you are able to reinstall firmware, it is not dead. There may be some other issue though and it will require some further troubleshooting.

If all else fails you can buy a new PCB for your camera for about 38 USD and using your current lens module, case, battery and/or super-cap you'll be good as new.

Any idea on where to buy new V3 boards?

you can try a reflow in the oven. Mic will be toasted, but camera should come back to life (mine did)

Back