Is my new F770 faulty?

Already tried the power button, made no sounds.

SD card in or out/no difference (on 1st power up it prompted to enter SD card when voice was working).

It's hard wired in via the fuse box, kit doesn't come with a plug for socket, just for straight hardwiring.

The original F770 box should include a cigarette adapter power cable (look in the bottom of the box.) o_O

The hardwire kit comes in a separate box.

That's exactly my issue, I no longer get any of that.

No sound at all.

Also not sure about US but UK not supplied with ciggy adapter.

That's exactly my issue, I no longer get any of that.

No sound at all.

Also not sure about US but UK not supplied with ciggy adapter.

To rule out improper wiring you should test your camera with a cigarette adapter. Good luck mate. :D

To rule out improper wiring you should test your camera with a cigarette adapter. Good luck mate. :D

I would if I could :) thanks for your input.

With no changes to the wiring since 1st fitting and test it just stopped working. Was fine previously.

After a few weeks of it working again it's started to have the issue again of no sound. This time it came back for a few trips and then gone again.

I hope a firmware will come out soon. So far got to look out for those speed cameras.

Bump - still having problems with no sound has any one else had this issue?

Firmware update has not helped.

Within a few days of my posting on here I had spoken to the very helpful guys at Thinkware Chameleon and had mine replaced.

At only a few days old it pointed to a speaker failure but they would have needed a proper look at it once it got back to them.

I think maddog ^^ was one of the people I spoke to on the phone and mentioned here at the time.

Very swiftly sorted with them and had new unit about a week after contacting, although mine was still 'box fresh'.

Not sure with timescales/longer term issues etc but contact them directly.

Bump - still having problems with no sound has any one else had this issue?

Firmware update has not helped.

I think you must have a faulty unit. It if came from us (Chameleon / Thinkware Dashcam UK website) then feel free to get in touch.

Back