is my Xiaomi Dead?

EyeGaze

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello, I was outside, on my 4th "real" use of my Xiaomi cam.
As usual, I was using a smartphone to control it by remote. Sometimes I also download small clips from Xiaomi to better check recording quality and light...
As usual, I use it with a power bank connected to prolungate the recording.
This time I noticed a strange fact: the download was aborted two times, even if phone and cam were only 20-30 cm far...
So I tried to manually switch off the cam and restart it. The inner battery was hot...
The first time it worked as it should, but soon the same problem replies. On the second attempt to restart the camera, it dies: light stay off, even if I try to press the button.
I extracted the inner battery and it was extremely hot. Replacing it with a spare battery doesnt helps: the cam stays with the red light on, as if ot was charging the battery, but refuse to turn on.
To be more precise:
-camera and batteries are original from Xiaomy.
-the cam was never exposed to eccessive cold or heat.

And now? May be it just hanged by some firmware bug? Or it's ruined in hardware and must send to repair?

By the way, there is a "reset" procedure?

Many thanks, problem solved. I also got help from this topic:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dead-xiaomi-yi-no-reaction.13871/

Problem described is exactly mine. I wasnt able to solve simply pressing "reset". It was necessary to put the firmware on to the SD, then reset and wait for the firmware to be updated. Then again, still not working... but after some more "resets" and turn on/turn off... now againg working... :)

Well, I hope this problem is rare and will not comes again, I'm happy the cam is not really broken but I cant afford again the situation of travel, just to discover i cant record because the firmware is corrupted just because I was using the WIFI connection...

Thx for the info. Will keep in mind, in case of problems.

Back