Is the A119 V3 1440p 60 FPS... real 60 FPS?

cyberspace

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I’ve seen some discussions but no solid answer?

I’ve seen some discussions but no solid answer?
Yes, it has real 60fps, although for normal dashcam use I recommend using it at 30fps, other people prefer the 60fps.
It may drop to 30fps in dark darkness, not sure.

.... other people here :)

Yeah some cameras will drop to 30 FPS in low light even if you have set it to 60 FPS, it is a last ditch attempt to give you usable footage, and so it overrule your command of 60 FPS

30 FPS is 2 X longer time for the sensor to capture light and so make a usable picture, but if there are movement in it, then you will have motion blur.
And even if there was a little more light and the camera used 60 FPS, then you probably still have motion blur at least on faster moving things ( fast pace walk / running and up speeds )
The minimum exposure times both FPS settings can and will drop to are really far too slow for most movements.

It may drop to 30fps in dark darkness, not sure.
Not true, at least not in A129+. 60 fps are always maintained with the price of darkening the image (when in full darkness, only with headlights). But I only tested a beta firmware (1.4TST, last for A129+), so who knows what will be in the stable version.

Not true, at least not in A129+. 60 fps are always maintained with the price of darkening the image (when in full darkness, only with headlights). But I only tested a beta firmware (1.4TST, last for A129+), so who knows what will be in the stable version.
If you have your headlights on then I wouldn't expect it to need to use 30fps, or even 1/60th second exposure, it is probably several times faster with the Starvis sensor it is using!

I've been using 60fps for many months now, since firmware 2 came out, day and night, and mine's fine in both. No complaints here.

If you have your headlights on then I wouldn't expect it to need to use 30fps, or even 1/60th second exposure, it is probably several times faster with the Starvis sensor it is using!
I even tested it w/o headlights and the framerate remains 60. ;) This was only for testing, I don't think a driver will put its headlights to off, especially in very low light conditions or in deep darkness.

See for yourself, test it how you wish to see fps, it's a portion of a RAW file: https://mega.nz/file/EQEyARzD#tdGYkybjGBwARohAyMvRYnPy93ZJxuTsKejbBykz6xg
I hope you don't want a video taken in full darkness. But if I search, I think I also have one. And fps is still 60.

EDIT: or maybe better this one: https://mega.nz/file/1ANEzRgS#iZL9-JP44quZ6oDvJwieR8_rsfoZgOhCFepowEvx7LI

Last edited:
I've been using 60fps for many months now, since firmware 2 came out, day and night, and mine's fine in both. No complaints here.
I like to use it until darkness fall. But even in the night, with headlights, it is acceptable.

Back