Is the A129 Pro 4K (single Channel model) worth the upgrade from A119S V2?

Iggy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119S V2, Lexar High Endurance Class 10 32GB memory
Is the A129 Pro 4K worth the upgrade from A119S V2?

I like the new version with wifi and bluetooth and able to use the smart phone app.
But is it really worth the $200 plus dollars?
If you have this model I'd like to hear what your really think.

After reading I see that the A129 Pro has some issues with recording stopping randomly.
Has this been fixed in the latest firmware?

Is the A129 Pro 4K worth the upgrade from A119S V2?

I like the new version with wifi and bluetooth and able to use the smart phone app.
But is it really worth the $200 plus dollars?
If you have this model I'd like to hear what your really think.
Having a dual camera could be very worth while, depending on what sort of incidents you get involved in.

The A119S is a good camera, but at 1080 resolution is not ideal for reading small USA license plates, the A129 Pro will read a plate at twice the distance.

Wifi and bluetooth are nice to have, and pressing the bluetooth remote is much safer than reaching up behind the mirror to press the lock button, but being able to view the videos while on the road is not an essential feature, could be useful for showing the cops what happened, but it should be possible to sort things out after the event.

You could move the A119S to the rear window and then buy the single version of the A129, but it is convenient to have all the video on a single card with the start of videos synchronised and both videos locked by a single lock button press.

After reading I see that the A129 Pro has some issues with recording stopping randomly.
It seems to currently have a few problems with some memory cards, but the issue is that it beeps and pauses recording for a few seconds, not that it stops (except for parking mode with 1 version of the firmware). I do expect this to get sorted with another firmware update but currently there is an issue for some people with some memory cards, often only in parking mode.

I am one of those who doesn't have the "stopping" nor "beeping" issue. :cool:

I am one of those who doesn't have the "stopping" nor "beeping" issue. :cool:

I have decided on upgrading to the A119 V3
The A129 Pro doesn't show much improvement on image and like you said don't want all the bells and whistle.

Back