is the battery worth it?

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m considering adding the external battery to my T700 to extend the time it can record motion when parked. The battery specs say it can record for 20 hours on 45 minutes of charge so it seems perfect

Except

There are some weeks where the car is only used for short (twenty minute) trips and the car battery gives me approx 12 hours of parked recording, but if 45 minutes drive with the battery is 20 hours recording, then twenty minutes is only 8 hours recording…which is less then I’m getting at the moment

So is the battery worth it?

I’m considering adding the external battery to my T700 to extend the time it can record motion when parked. The battery specs say it can record for 20 hours on 45 minutes of charge so it seems perfect

Except

There are some weeks where the car is only used for short (twenty minute) trips and the car battery gives me approx 12 hours of parked recording, but if 45 minutes drive with the battery is 20 hours recording, then twenty minutes is only 8 hours recording…which is less then I’m getting at the moment

So is the battery worth it?
I have the T700 with the iVolt battery. Its pretty good except you have to drive the car everyday to make sure the battery is kept charged, Otherwise there will be times when the camera switches off when the iVolt battery has no power.

Back