Is the BlackVue DR9002-CH2 - "Yesterday's News"

Omega-TI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH
Considering the lack of activity in this section, I guess the DR900S is yesterday's news and has fallen out of favor.

High-end cams have never been popular due to cost, and with the DR900X being on the market now older models will get less and less attention till they too fade away. It's still a good and viable cam, just that time moves on.

Phil

Well, even Blackvue abandoned it. But don't be sad, DR900X is basically the same dashcam. :LOL:

Yes, the DR900X is basically the new version of the DR900S. So more like the next model vs. abandonment. I suspect there was little point selling 2 different SKUs and most prospective buyers would pony up the small $$$ to add cellular connectivity capability and get the top-of-the-line model.

I wish BV would release one more firmware for the DR900S raising the operating temperature just a bit more.

Since it's already a paperweight, why not!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

@Tfp I bet they are hitting the max which camera can handle (could be even a protection of the Hisilicon chip, hardwired/not modifiable via firmware). Who knows the actual temperature of the chip during the frying season...

Last edited:
I've had mine for 2-1/2 years now and have never had an overheating issue in the summer. I've also never updated the firmware. I guess I'm lucky.

I've had mine for 2-1/2 years now and have never had an overheating issue in the summer. I've also never updated the firmware. I guess I'm lucky.
No way Omega! What fw are you running?

I've never had an overheating issue in the 2 years I've had the 900S but I do live in the UK. ;)

No way Omega! What fw are you running?

Be honest with you, I dunno. I've never checked.

I've never had an overheating issue in the 2 years I've had the 900S but I do live in the UK. ;)

Yeah, I live in the Pacific Northwest, but it did get to 120 a few times this summer in the car, but the 'ol 900S kept on chuggin!

Back