Is the camera supposed to turn off with parking mode on?

Grayson73

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have these settings and the hardwire kit:

Parking Mode = Low Bit Rate
Enter Parking Mode Timer = OFF
Parking Record Duration = 24 hours
Parking G-sensor = High

I notice that when the car is off, none of the buttons on the camera work. When I start the car, the camera splash screen comes on after a few seconds. Is it working and installed correctly?

when you turn the car off the camera goes off straight away?
Correct. The manual says that for the GPS version mount, use the female Mini USB port on the mount or on the camera's side. It's currently on the mount. Maybe I should switch it to the camera's side?

if it turns off immediately when the car is turned off it's not wired correctly, check your B+

if it turns off immediately when the car is turned off it's not wired correctly, check your B+
I'll try connecting the hardwire kit to the camera instead of the GPS. Best Buy did it wrong I think. This link says "he ACC (ignition-switched) detection feature will allow the dash cam to switch to parking mode automatically if the vehicle’s engine turns off and switch back to normal recording after the vehicle’s engine turns on. Please be sure the cable is connected to the camera directly and not through the GPS mount."

if your camera is a recent purchase that won't apply, was made to work either way well over a year (maybe 2) ago, you can try it but I'd expect the same outcome if the camera is more recent than that

if you paid someone to install it then go back and get them to connect it properly, they have the B+ on the wrong circuit

I'll try connecting the hardwire kit to the camera instead of the GPS. Best Buy did it wrong I think. This link says "he ACC (ignition-switched) detection feature will allow the dash cam to switch to parking mode automatically if the vehicle’s engine turns off and switch back to normal recording after the vehicle’s engine turns on. Please be sure the cable is connected to the camera directly and not through the GPS mount."

This only applied to older A129 models. A129 models made in the last 2 years or so can use either port. On the A119V3, you could always use either port.

I tried plugging into the camera and it still doesn't work properly. I went to Best Buy who installed it and made an appt to bring it to them tomorrow. Thanks, all.

This is interesting. The red and yellow were reversed, but I can see why. Industry standard is that red is ignition and yellow is battery, but the Viofo Hardwire kit is the reverse!

This is interesting. The red and yellow were reversed, but I can see why. Industry standard is that red is ignition and yellow is battery, but the Viofo Hardwire kit is the reverse!
Yes, Viofo has always used yellow for the ACC wire.

yeah they don't follow the industry standard, that said though the cables are labeled and the installer obviously didn't pay attention to that

Back