Is the DR900S-2CH no longer the flavor of the month?

Omega-TI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH
I've noticed our uber spendy dash cam has been getting very little message traffic lately. Does anyone know why the main reason it appears to have 'fallen out-of-favor"?
Is there something much better? Was it the price? Night vision? Problems? Mine has been running like a top ever since I got it, without any issues, and I've been happy. When I bought it, I figured it would have become more popular than it is. The software is great too!

Many seem to have heat related issues with them, but that i think depend on where you live
But for smart cameras i don't think there are anything much better, maybe the thinkware U1000, for which you can get radar ( not cops with radar detector ) for added bragging rights.
The viofo A129 duo PRO do have them both beat in regard to image quality as it have a higher bitrate, but that too have its fair share of issues it seem.

Personally i am still waiting for a worth while 4K camera.

Yeah, I've never experienced overheating and it has more functions than I really use, so I have no complaints.
The one thing I'd like to see on/for a dash cam no manufacturer has.

Same here.
And still my thing are rather silly and even if it was there most people would probably not use it, but i would like to be able to enter a database of licence plates and then have the camera beep if it see one of them ( unmarked police cars )

Same here.
And still my thing are rather silly and even if it was there most people would probably not use it, but i would like to be able to enter a database of licence plates and then have the camera beep if it see one of them ( unmarked police cars )
Don't give up hope, with the latest AI built into Novatek SoCs, you can even recognise driver's faces ("face detection and authentication"), just in case they have a James Bond rotating plate!

face detection has been there since 2012, might eventually evolve to to the point of being useful for our application I guess

You won't beat the DR900S for connectivity features, but the U1000 is running close behind and with other assets. No cam is totally without issues but Blackvue has never really concentrated on vid quality, and Thinkware is just beginning to. Viofo has had the top vid quality for awhile in the several variations of his cams based on need and firmware used. None of these are bad choices really.

No single cam is best for every purpose or even best overall. You have to decide what means the most to you and choose accordingly. And time is also a factor; once newer cams come along the older ones tend to drift out of the spotlight they once held- that's just human nature. As long as you're happy with your cam choice that's all that matters regardless of what anyone else thinks ;)

Phil

Unless you are an Apple fanboy who cannot possibly even live without the latest iThing. ;)

OMG!!! It's true, they do exist! :woot:
AppleLine.jpg

We have them in the UK as well, so you transatlantic guys haven't cornered the market on them.

Back