Is the LED too bright on your dashcam? (found a clean/easy/quick/cheap fix) LIGHTDIMS.com

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Is the LED too bright on your dashcam? I was google'n around and found a clean/easy cheap fix.

Yes you can just buy regular window tint and cut your own circle pieces as well, but this is even easier, and costs way less. (was only a couple bucks)

0uW6rmN.png

Bd8uGKX.png

GXOq0IU.png

9AYkRnJ.png

JTlxE2Q.png

PzDyaG0.png

IhMduHY.png

BUKDC2r.png

ONLY $0.99 WORLD WIDE SHIPPING
ASITgRu.png

LightDims are at Fry's Electronics, MICRO CENTER, and online at: http://www.LIGHTDIMS.com

I just got mine a few days ago and will try them soon.
Time to dim my various gadgets with Light Emitting Diodes!

EGwMtv8l.jpg

Last edited:
They come me in different colors too. Black, white, or silver to blend with your product. One of those " smack your forehead, why didn't I invent this " ideas.

It's interesting to see someone commercialize this idea. It's something I've been doing for over twenty years. For me it started with an LED alarm clock that was so bright it would light up the whole room with a green glow and practically kept me and my wife up at night so I modified the clock with a piece of neutral density gel I had a supply of from my photography studio, similar to THIS and THIS. It worked great and the clock still looked as it did when it came from the factory, only not so annoyingly bright. Since then I've used the same film to tone down other bright LEDs.

They come me in different colors too. Black, white, or silver to blend with your product. One of those " smack your forehead, why didn't I invent this " ideas.

World most brightest ideas are usually most simple ones ;)

It's interesting to see someone commercialize this idea. It's something I've been doing for over twenty years. For me it started with an LED alarm clock that was so bright it would light up the whole room with a green glow and practically kept me and my wife up at night so I modified the clock with a piece of neutral density gel I had a supply of from my photography studio, similar to THIS and THIS. It worked great and the clock still looked as it did when it came from the factory, only not so annoyingly bright. Since then I've used the same film to tone down other bright LEDs.

In 90's we started using tinting film on cars rear lights ( some even used to tint front lights as well to look "more macho" ). They were not LED-s yet, but it still same principles.
There are many ideas out there that people using long time before somebody get them "patented".

Luckily the G1W manufacturers make the LED very inconspicuous. If I use one of these dimmers I would never see the light again. :D

Is is funny to see the increase in use of ultra bright and usioally blue LEDs, ultra bright is not allways a good thing, and blue have been out of fashion for a decade.

On my TV bench i have the TV and my NVR which have the back towards me so i get the green and yellow light on each eathernet port, and then too all the lights of my Modem.

Thankfully none of them have really bright LEDs, so its not a problem for me.

Last edited:
There are many ideas out there that people using long time before somebody get them "patented".
So true but it is not enough to identify the need and find a simple solution. To be successful it is just as important to identify the market and then capitalize on it.

Has anyone ordered the "free" sample?

Is it a full sheet or partial sheet?

I see they have the free sample delivered for $1.99 and a 50% off offer for the minimal packaging version delivered for $3.49.

Has anyone ordered the "free" sample?

Is it a full sheet or partial sheet?

I see they have the free sample delivered for $1.99 and a 50% off offer for the minimal packaging version delivered for $3.49.

I got the full sheet. The photo with the envelope is what I received.

Back