IS the viofo a129 duo worth it?

helpmeout

Reaction score
Country
United States
So it said that its suppose to capture 1080p 30 fps from both camera but I seen some clips but how does the duo work? Does it work on same memory chip or do you have to buy 2? The reason I am asking is I saw 2 videos but they only show either front or back not both together. Quality is not bad and I have the viofo a119s v2 which kicks ass so I wondering if the a129 would be worth it so I have something recording around my back but also wonder how that would look. I can't say I see them working together as a split video so that is why I am asking.

As jokiin say.

There have been some cameras that had 2 memory cards, in some cases a regular SD and a micro SD ( lukas )
Not quite sure exacktely how thise 2 card cameras was working, i have a sneaky feeling the footage of the 2 cameras still ended up on one of the cards and the second card was solely for event / parking guard.

But today the standard seem to be 1 memory card that take care of it all ( cameras getting saved with the usual the date/time stamp + suffix A ( F ) or B ( R ) indicating Front and Rear cameras )
And then the RO ( Read Only ) folder where event files go and so also parking guard as its all events if there are any triggers.

In regard to the A129 which i have only heard about, then i do think its a worthy upgrade from your A119S, as i recall the sensors in play are the same, so it cant really be a step back with a extra camera.

On the camera screen you can get PIP wit the 2 cameras, but as its a small screen and the little PIP from the one camera will be < 1/2 a stamp size so really useless, i just have the front camera on the screen on my SG9663DC camera, but you can mix it up as you like.

On the camera screen you can get PIP wit the 2 cameras, but as its a small screen and the little PIP from the one camera will be < 1/2 a stamp size so really useless, i just have the front camera on the screen on my SG9663DC camera, but you can mix it up as you like.
You also get PIP on the live view over wi-fi which can be a decent size if you have a tablet.

For the recorded video, it is two Full HD files, which could be viewed in full screen, split screen, separate monitors, or PIP depending on your viewing application.

Reactions: Mtz
Depends on if you're looking to upgrade to a 2-channel system. If you don't see a need to add a second camera then stick with your a119s which is an awesome camera. I have a wr1 and an a119 and they have never let me down. The WiFi, blue tooth remote and second camera are worth the upgrade to me even if they save the files to the same SD card since 128gig SD cards can be found for about $40.

I received an order of multiple A129's yesterday and although I havent tried one in a vehicle yet, the build quality seems impressive.

I was unable to link it to the app with 5ghz or 2.4ghz wi-fi yesterday, but I'll figure that out today. My Galaxy S8+ says the signal is too weak to connect, even though they are a couple feet apart. I'm probably doing something wrong.

Great job on this one, so far! I don't look forward to running the wire from front to back, but love the features and convenience that this new product has.

Mike

Probably just me being old-fashioned but I'm a firm believer of not putting all my eggs into one basket.
Here, we have a cam which is recording two lots of video, and (presumably) one sound file. But it can also record gps data as well as g-sensor - that's 5 things at once. If you then press the button to save an event, does it flag the files or record another set?

Probably just me being old-fashioned but I'm a firm believer of not putting all my eggs into one basket.
Here, we have a cam which is recording two lots of video, and (presumably) one sound file. But it can also record gps data as well as g-sensor - that's 5 things at once. If you then press the button to save an event, does it flag the files or record another set?
It just moves the files into the event folder - just needs a change in the directory entries, no affect on the files.

Both front and rear video files have audio tracks, although it's from the same microphone, I assume they both have GPS data too, makes sense if you are watching them individually.

If it was unreliable then I would agree with your, but so far mine has been 100% reliable. If it is a good basket, with good safety features, then maybe it is safer than one person having to carry two baskets which needs more arms and more concentration to make sure neither gets dropped?

Back