Is there a A129 3-wire hard wire cable without the voltage regulation? I have a battery pack.

kmd1970

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GS600,GT300W,LS400W,DR750LW-2CH,CR-2000G,X2,F770,DR750S-2CH
Is there a A129 3-wire hard wire cable without the voltage regulation box? I have a battery pack and don't need that nonsense in my chain. :confused:
:alien:

What do you mean by "nonsense"? If the battery pack is already 5V, then go ahead and connect it directly via USB, if it's 12V then you still need to step it down to 5V.

If 12V battery pack is the case, there is nothing stopping you from use of just a mere step-down converted with a proper wattage (should be able to handle 5V/2-3A).

Btw: ACC signal can be 5V (according to some users who just yoloed it) but Viofo uses more USB-friendly 3.3V...

Last edited:
That would not work i suspect as your battery / power pack probably do not have a constant +12 V and a ACC +12 V
If you have one of the dedicated dashcam power packs, then it can usually be made to work, but it is not something i have ever messed with, am yet to try a dashcam power pack.

But can the A129 pro do change to and from parking guard in the old way ?
I thought it would need the 3 wire kit for signaling on what to do.

I think that if you use a dedicated dashcam power pack then you connect your constant 12 V to the power pack, but the ACC 12 v to a fuse that is so, maybe a ACC pass thru the battery pack.
It is my understanding that no matter the mode with 3 wire kits, then the power always come from the constant +12 V wire, the ACC one are just a signal telling what to do ??

But can the A129 pro do change to and from parking guard in the old way ?
I think it should work, but to be honest I don't even remember at this point.

I have a cellink battery pack. I don't need additional voltage regulation.

That stupid box needs an OFF setting for the voltage regulation and simply allow 5v power to flow freely.

Currently, I have the positive and negative attached to the battery pack via cigarette socket and ACC cable is on a fuse that only provides power when the vehicle is ON for parking mode trigger. I currently have the box set to lowest voltage, since it does not have a bypass setting.

It works, but I would rather not have extra voltage regulation in my chain.

But Cellink battery packs are 12V so you need the HWK anyway, to step the voltage down to 5V/3.3V. Sure, some of them have USB output but I'm not sure about it's able to handle 5V/3A (that's rating of the provided Viofo 12V adapter, 2A is probably fine enough).

Or by "off setting" you mean the low-voltage protection?

But Cellink battery packs are 12V so you need the HWK anyway, to step the voltage down to 5V/3.3V. Sure, some of them have USB output but I'm not sure about it's able to handle 5V/3A (that's rating of the provided Viofo 12V adapter, 2A is probably fine enough).

Or by "off setting" you mean the low-voltage protection?
Are you purposely not reading what I type? :cautious: :LOL:

I don't need the HWK, I prefer any other Viofo A129 compatible 3 wire cable without the power regulation that simply outputs constant power to the camera and parking mode triggers.

...and Yes many people know the difference between 5v and 12v, how to read a specs and how use a multi-meter. :oops:

I've been using dash cameras for years. :devilish:

Are you purposely not reading what I type? :cautious: :LOL:

I don't need the HWK, I prefer any other Viofo A129 compatible 3 wire cable without the power regulation that simply outputs constant power to the camera and parking mode triggers.

...and Yes many people know the difference between 5v and 12v, how to read a specs and how use a multi-meter. :oops:

I've been using dash cameras for years. It's a simple ask.

Back