Is there a dash cam with the following specifications? Doubt it but think someone should do it...

Do you think this is possable

• Yes but not for years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Wilson

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801 DashCam and Blackvue DR550GW, iPhone 4S.
I have 4 camera systems in total.
2 separate models one Full HD one 4k video, with two options one 2 camera system one 4 camera system.

Now my phone has the capability to record 4k video with overlays of dinosaurs or pixies. It cant be too hard to make 4k dash cameras now...

This is what I want and I hope someone will take up to make.
2 options one with front and rear the other with 4 cameras front rear and both sides.

All connected to a small box in the boot.
It will need the following wires
one to the rear lights for data with a tail for the other indicator,
one to the front to connect to the cars main electrics,
two or four cables to connect to the micro cameras front and rear left and right,
one GPS antenna,
Inputs going into the box.
12 Volts permanent power,
12 Volts Ignition power,
Earth,
an input from the brake light 12 volt,
an input from the reverse light 12 volt,
an input from the left and right indicator 12 volt,
an input from tail lights 12 volt,
(option) input from fog light 12 volt,

Dash cam records in full hd or 4k for the more expencive option on 4 cameras all cameras have on screen information. All cameras have the time and date and speed and whether they are front back left or right cameras, preferably in the bottom left with a dark strip behind like the blackvue just so you can read it.

In the bottom right they have a white L for left indicator, B for Brake, F for fog L for Lights and R for Right indicator. they light up red when power is sent into the box from the relevant connection.

Parking mode controlled by the ignition thus immediate. If the car battery drops to a level below a Customer set level eg 12.5 volts then it switches the camera to record only when impact happens. if the voltage drops to below a user selectable level say 12 volts stop recording until the power rises.

the system should have a Small rechargeable battery to keep time and date and to keep power if it is needed in the case of a break in or crash. something like a sealed lead acid battery from an alarm system.

The GPS aerial has to have a magnetic base but also a sticky back base so it can be dash or exterior mounted even on the bumper or roof.

The recorder should have a solid state drive upgradable easily so you can record 2 Tb if need be.

It should also have a USB and SATA connection so as to allow full data to be transferred to your PC or laptop.

The last thing would be a WiFi connection. However why have it WiFi to your phone. That's no use. What you want it to do is, connect via WiFi to you home and or office network so you don't even have to take the card out of the car to view the cameras, and if its connected to your home WiFi you can watch your car when you are in the house. on your laptop or tablet or mobile or even hard wired tv. My hard drive and printer can do it so why cant my dash camera.

Your Home PC could be set-up to automatically back up any new data to your PC when you get home or work as an alarm recording the dash camera footage over WiFi so if someone steals the car you immediately know about it.

I know its not easy to make such a device small but I reckon with a micro acer that runs on 12 volts in the car PC and Linux with a 4 channel HD USB CCTV box and an usb signal alarm input card I could make one. I would just need a C++ or Java programmer to make it happen.

Back