Is there a quick way to save an event video?

AaronJ0072

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I'm trying to figure out if there's a quick way to save a video immediately after an event without having to pull over, connect the WiFi and open the app on my iPhone. My previous camera, a Garmin, had a button that could be pushed that would immediately save the last minute or two of recording. Can the "wave" feature of this camera be configured to do that? I've looked everywhere and don't find a thing. Thanks.

One of the buttons on the camera of yours should be a manual event button, at least all other dashcams i am aware off have such a button / function on a button.
The BV of yours as i recall have a small buffer so you cant be slow or your event file will just be of use as a "beacon" as to where something happened, and this is also fine if you dont have a unreasonable small memory card.
A dual camera like yours should at least have a 128 GB memory card, that will give you about 8 hours before something not locked get overwritten.

Not at all familiar with the BV cameras, but i think i found your well hidden lock button ( unless thats for some other lock )

BV750.jpg

Hi everyone. I'm trying to figure out if there's a quick way to save a video immediately after an event without having to pull over, connect the WiFi and open the app on my iPhone. My previous camera, a Garmin, had a button that could be pushed that would immediately save the last minute or two of recording. Can the "wave" feature of this camera be configured to do that? I've looked everywhere and don't find a thing. Thanks.
There is a motion sensor on the side of the cam where the wifi light is. Just moving you hand over will record 20 seconds before and after the event. If activated there will be no sound recording.

There is a motion sensor on the side of the cam where the wifi light is. Just moving you hand over will record 20 seconds before and after the event. If activated there will be no sound recording.
This motion sensor just turns the voice recording on and off. If there's a way to change it to do something else, like save the event, I sure can't figure out what it is.

Download and RTFM from HERE.
Event files are not overwritten unless you have set the camera to do that.
What the proximity sensor can do is also in the manual. I have got mine to switch voice on and off and I cant remember what the other option is but think it is to lock files.

@kamkar1 That Lock button is to get the cam out of the mount.

hehe okay i wasent sure even with that weird location, also why i said i am not at all familiar with the brand.
The more time pass by i am more and more sure those screen less systems are something to stay clear off, much more easy to work a little LCD screen, even if you like me are half blind.

This motion sensor just turns the voice recording on and off. If there's a way to change it to do something else, like save the event, I sure can't figure out what it is.
Look around in your app. My voice recording is turned off and i can record a few seconds before and after by moving my hand over the sensor. If voice recording is active you can turn it on and off this way too.

https://helpcenter.blackvue.com/hc/en-us/articles/231693247-What-does-manual-recording-mean-
https://blackvue.com/new-blackvue-dashcam-check-these-settings-first-thing/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 5
G DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 4
Back