Is there a reliable usb converter capable of powering 4 or more dashcams?

country_hick

Reaction score
Country
United States
One member on here did a nice job putting multiple 12 volt sockets together to provide power for multiple dashcams. Although this is a nice setup it takes up a lot of space. I started thinking. I now have 3 questions.

1. Is there a reliable usb only power converter box with 4 or more usb plugs available that would provide sufficient power for 4 or 5 dash cams?

2. Is there a simple way to transfer power from the cars battery to a usb power pack (or some alternative 12 volt power source capable of doing the job) without switching power cables around ny having one switch to go from car battery power to an auxiliary power source?

3. Would it be feasible to use a usb power pack to go from 5 volts to 12 volts to be reconverted to 5 volts for this power? Every voltage change in a step up or down in voltage wastes energy. I suspect the wasted energy in this conversion process would be to much for a pair of 2.1 amp 5 volt battery packs.

img_0452a-jpg.42189

One member on here did a nice job putting multiple 12 volt sockets together to provide power for multiple dashcams. Although this is a nice setup it takes up a lot of space. I started thinking. I now have 3 questions.

1. Is there a reliable usb only power converter box with 4 or more usb plugs available that would provide sufficient power for 4 or 5 dash cams?
I use one of these:

5904_P_1463336078231.jpg

http://www.orico.cc/goods.php?id=5904

2. Is there a simple way to transfer power from the cars battery to a usb power pack (or some alternative 12 volt power source capable of doing the job) without switching power cables around ny having one switch to go from car battery power to an auxiliary power source?

3. Would it be feasible to use a usb power pack to go from 5 volts to 12 volts to be reconverted to 5 volts for this power? Every voltage change in a step up or down in voltage wastes energy. I suspect the wasted energy in this conversion process would be to much for a pair of 2.1 amp 5 volt battery packs.
Might be better to switch the 5 volts rather than 12 volts, then you remove the losses, just need a USB hub to distribute the power:

6275_P_1463616133512.jpg

http://www.orico.cc/goods.php?id=6275

Back