Is there a trick to sliding this thing off of the mount??

Bryank930

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
B1W
I'm trying to slide my camera off the mount, but it is not budging. I'm afraid I'm going to rip the thing off of the windshield. Is there a trick to it or a release somewhere that I'm missing?

I figured it out. I had to un-stick it from the window, but I did get the two separated.

It might be a bit stiff at first but it does loosen up over time.

IIRC there was a revision done very early in production as the earliest mounts were loose- mine can be pushed off with no effort at all. Better too tight than too loose! Next time try not pushing it quite all the way in, as long as it's being held securely that's all that really matters.

Phil

Mine is very tight. So tight that I have to hit it with hammer to loosen it. Therefore, I doubt that I can slide it out by hand after sticking the thing on the windscreen.

Mine is very tight. So tight that I have to hit it with hammer to loosen it. Therefore, I doubt that I can slide it out by hand after sticking the thing on the windscreen.
You could try lubricating it - maybe a little wax polish.

Mine slides off very easy, I always remove the camera rather than remove the memory card.

Once I got mine off that first time, it's been a lot better. But it was never that bad to begin with.

Back