Is there a Vertical mount, front facing camera for mounting on the side of a panel van?

shcptech

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,
I use a mirror mounted dash cam/rearview camera already, but my new panel van has no windows on the side and back, so I wish to install side facing cameras on the upper rear of the body facing perpendicular to see the street as I back out and make right turns. I have a double din stereo that has multiple camera feeds so I can use this as a monitor. I thought it would be simple, but I cannot find a flush, vertical mounted, front view camera. The closest I can find is this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01ARR71N4It is designed to be mounted post/up, but I need it to be post/back with the camera on the bottom facing down (and right reading). I bought it intending to just take it apart and rotate the camera 180 degrees, but it is filled with black gooey sealant and I know I will damage it. Before I start making custom mounts, is there a camera already that does this?

Thanks for your help,
Tim

I have that exact camera for my backup uses. I have it mounted post side in, not post side up like it's designed for. yes, it's filled with sealant but I managed to take it apart carefully using a plastic putty knife. just work slow from the sides. I eventually took it apart successfully and flipped the sensor and put it back together using headlight sealant. I've not had a problem with it and it's been in service for three years now.

Back