Is there a way to fix the camera lens angle adjustment?

ronaldis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a fleet of HGV's which have virtually vertical windscreens, cameras are all set up and working well apart from one problem. When the drivers clean their windscreens they have a habit of hitting the camera's which then moves the lens to the maximum upwards position, maybe they don't notice doing it but regardless they never bother to realign it afterwards. It still works better than nothing but cuts off a lot of important areas of video. Is there a way to lock the lens in place once you have it set to the correct place? Or any DIY hacks that could solve this problem? Thank you.

Once the lens is angled glue something to stop it moving.

I've put a strip of foam across mine to prevent accidental movement, image here (top image) :

Hi, we have a fleet of HGV's which have virtually vertical windscreens, cameras are all set up and working well apart from one problem. When the drivers clean their windscreens they have a habit of hitting the camera's which then moves the lens to the maximum upwards position, maybe they don't notice doing it but regardless they never bother to realign it afterwards. It still works better than nothing but cuts off a lot of important areas of video. Is there a way to lock the lens in place once you have it set to the correct place? Or any DIY hacks that could solve this problem? Thank you.
Information from the user "gse".
I like everything to be rigid, without backlash.
I put a seal under the camera, two rings from the heat shrink tube, now when removing and installing, the angle of the "head" will not go astray.
10265369.jpg

Back