Is there a way to remove the NextBase logo/watermark from the recorded video?

LancelotStudios

Reaction score
Country
United States
I saw in the settings several things I was able to remove such as speed, time, date, etc. but I haven't been able to find a way to remove the Nextbase watermark / logo. Is there a way to do that? I realize i can crop/edit the footage but that's something I want to

Thanks! :D

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 1.16.08 PM.png

I don't think you can without tearing into the firmware from nextbase.
IMO it is pretty arrognat to force that upon people.

Yeah, that's the conclusion i'm coming to as well...

Last edited:
Isn't it on Screen 3 in the menus, where there is an option to turn on/off model stamp?

It is described on Page 35 of the manual, listed as number 4.

Isn't it on Screen 3 in the menus, where there is an option to turn on/off model stamp?

It is described on Page 35 of the manual, listed as number 4.

Yeah, unfortunately i think that just affects the model number and not the NextBase branding.... *argh*

I double-checked just in case, but I already had that turned off as well.

Really appreciate u taking the time to check that out though, thanks!

You could ask @NextBase Support if there is a version that can be sent to you direct of firmware that doesn't have the logo.

For me it being there is not an issue. I don't even see it anymore, if you know what I mean.

And it's nowhere near as intrusive as it has been on other models.

For me it being there is not an issue. I don't even see it anymore, if you know what I mean.

I understand that you can get used to seeing the manufacturer's name on the videos. We can all get inured to all kinds of things if we wait long enough but there is another issue here to consider. I'll try to explain.

Over the last nine years of using dash cameras, many of the numerous models I've owned have had the name of the manufacturer printed onto the video and there was nothing one could do about it. Some were more prominent than others with Seezeus (Shadow Tec) being perhaps the most intrusive because of size and color.

During this time I was involved in a matter where I had to submit various dash cam videos (from several camera brands, actually) to the police that were in turn reviewed by prosecutors, attorneys and other officials. Repeatedly, I would be asked by these entities, "What does Seezeus mean"? It was an unfortunate and unnecessary distraction that I could have done without. As a result, I concluded that video evidence in a legal matter should not be encroached upon against one's will by the promotional commercial interests of the camera manufacturer.

As a result of that experience, I've really come to appreciate @jokiin's decision quite some time ago to make the on-screen video printing of the Street Guardian brand name optional with a simple menu choice.

Last edited:
You could ask @NextBase Support if there is a version that can be sent to you direct of firmware that doesn't have the logo.

Thanks for the suggestion and link. Just started a conversation w/ them to see what they say :)

Again, excellent idea and again, appreciate the help!

Tiffany is very helpful. If anyone can help, she is the one.

As a result of that experience, I've really come to appreciate @jokiin's decision quite some time ago to make the on-screen video printing of the Street Guardian brand name optional with a simple menu choice.
I get why they want it there, same reason we have it, if your footage happens to make the news and your logo is on screen it can be beneficial, videos shared on other platforms likewise, raises brand awareness, that said though I do respect the fact that some people prefer not to show the brand which is why we only did it on the proviso that it was with a menu on/off option so that the user could easily opt out should they wish, it's a pretty simple menu option to do it

I get why they want it there, same reason we have it, if your footage happens to make the news and your logo is on screen it can be beneficial, videos shared on other platforms likewise, raises brand awareness, that said though I do respect the fact that some people prefer not to show the brand which is why we only did it on the proviso that it was with a menu on/off option so that the user could easily opt out should they wish, it's a pretty simple menu option to do it

Yes, that's exactly it. What company wouldn't want their name to appear on a video that ends up on the news or social media (for free, no less)? And that's why I appreciate that you understand that the consumer prefers to have a choice. At least for me, I'm more likely to purchase a dash cam that allows me to opt out of showing the company logo, so there's a certain sales appeal to having that feature, assuming there are others like me. Then again, I'm the sort of person who prefers not to wear clothing that is plastered with company logos either. But with dash cam footage there's a different equation though because you may have to hand off the video to a third party where the logo or company name may be unhelpful or distracting.

Last edited:
we've made the logo a lot smaller on the new models so it's less obtrusive, we still have the option to turn it off though, we will never hard code them, there will always be the option for the user to turn it off

we've made the logo a lot smaller on the new models so it's less obtrusive, we still have the option to turn it off though, we will never hard code them, there will always be the option for the user to turn it off

Smaller sounds good but still happy to hear that it can be switched off. :)

Many folks here on DCT don't often stop to think about what happens when you have to hand off footage to a third party for legal or insurance purposes where you may prefer to eliminate any commercial aspects to what is literally "evidence". Having had to do it was an eye opener about best practices for handing off footage to the authorities with the company logo only being one aspect.

Last edited:
Somewhat related, when I gave video evidence to North Yorkshire Police recently, their Witness Statement proforma actually requests the make/model of dashcam being used. This is an extract from their example document:

I'm not sure why it matters to the police what brand of camera I'm using?

Back to the original subject, I too prefer the company logo and camera model to be removed. I do however like to retain the date & time stamp, and the GPS speed where available, since I feel this information is more likely to be beneficial.

When this was raised a while ago I think we favoured the branding to be in the bottom black bar and not overlaid into the video footage.

And that was met with a surge of indifference from Nextbase, with the possible exception that they have made the branding a bit smaller?

So support got back to me (from w/in the forum here) and sent me a another version of their firmware that has their logo removed. Just installed it and works perfectly! So now there logo doesn't show up anymore, phew!

For me it was more of a professional issue as well. I use the footage for b-roll, etc. and having a logo just wouldn't cut it. So thankfully can keep it now.

Really appreciate everyone's feedback and help here!

Man just wanted to say THANK YOU for suggesting to reach out to her here on the forum. I don't think i would have known about that otherwise and that made all the difference. REALLY appreciate your help w/ that!!

You are most welcome my friend

Paul.

Back