Is there a way to use a suction cup mount instead of the permanent sticky tape? GPS Player download on Blueskysea's website doesnt work.

There are a few universal suction cup mounts some have used for dashcams too, i think originally meant for radar detectors.
Something along these lines, so you still stick the camera in place but to the universal mount and not the windscreen.

https://www.buyradardetectors.com/arkon-bt010.html

It could also so some other mount work, @estore009 would probably know if thats the case.

The link to download the B4K GPS Player for Windows doesnt work
May I know this dashcam firmware version?

>Is there a way to use a suction cup mount instead of the permanent sticky tape?​

An optional suction cup holder is available for B4K dashcam, but it has no built-in GPS module from the suction cup holder!

May I know this dashcam firmware version?

>Is there a way to use a suction cup mount instead of the permanent sticky tape?​

An optional suction cup holder is available for B4K dashcam, but it has no built-in GPS module from the suction cup holder!
The firmware version is v009, the latest version from your website.

The download link to the GPS Player doesnt work.

Thank you!

I made a suction mount for the B4K by shaping a piece of plastic spoon to tightly fit the cam slot, then gluing that to a spare suction mount. Worked fine for the 2 weeks or so I used it, and I don't think it would ever give trouble. I'm sure the proper mount is better.

Phil

My G1W-C came with a suction mount and I like it because I can take it with me into other cars like if I get a rental on vacation

Any update on the GPS Player download link?

IMO the file should be in a state where you could unzip it with what is in windows, or maybe also as a raw installer to DL.

There are a few universal suction cup mounts some have used for dashcams too, i think originally meant for radar detectors.
Something along these lines, so you still stick the camera in place but to the universal mount and not the windscreen.

https://www.buyradardetectors.com/arkon-bt010.html

It could also so some other mount work, @estore009 would probably know if thats the case.
Thanks for the tip @kamkar! After removing the adhesive pad 3 times to find the best mounting spot, I will never ever purchase another non-suction mount Dashcam. I ordered a mount meant for radars like the one you posted and used painters tape to attach the GPS module to the mount and used the suction cup to mount my B4 with and took it for a test ride. Due to the tape not being tight enough, bumps caused slight vibrations in the mount and video. I then used a '3M VHB' pad and cutting to size, attached the GPS to the module. Another road trip and no problems. Thanks again for the tip.....Attachments of pictures as finished:

Attachments

• MOUNT WITH TAPE TO TEST 1.jpg
    MOUNT WITH TAPE TO TEST 1.jpg
    809.7 KB · Views: 20
  • MOUNT WITH GPS GLUED ON.jpg
    MOUNT WITH GPS GLUED ON.jpg
    821 KB · Views: 19
  • MOUNT WITH B4 CAM .jpg
    MOUNT WITH B4 CAM .jpg
    827.8 KB · Views: 22
  • MOUNT WITH B4 CAM 2.jpg
    MOUNT WITH B4 CAM 2.jpg
    818.9 KB · Views: 21
Looks like the suction cup holder size is huge?

Looks like the suction cup holder size is huge?
Just measured that @estore009, and its 2 3/8 inches. All of my other suction cups are 2 1/8 inches. But it does look much bigger but 2 3/8 inches is what it is(diagonal). I have had several smaller ones lose suction and dump my cams to the floor board when facing the sun on very hot days, so this slightly larger one might hold...time will tell. The ones that fell were all on my trucks front wind shield.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R B4K 1