Is there an ETA on when the Bluetooth shutter will be released?

Neenja

Reaction score
Country
United States
I took the cam with me to Universal Studios Hollywood over the weekend and footage was great. I used an aftermarket Yunteng stick and it held up quite well. I admit though, it was a pain in the ass having to turn on wifi, connect to my cell phone, to use the shutter to snap pics and/or start video recording.

Andy has once mentioned that I could just make my own Shutter button.. but I am no where near able to build something like that ha.

Thanks!

NTimelapseTool - small and easy to use tool for timelapse from Xiaomi Yi photos.
Developer: Evgeniy(https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/members/evgeniy.14176/)
Resolutions:
1. Original
2. HD - 1280x720
3. FullHD - 1920x1080
4. 2K - 2048x1080
5. 4K - 4096x2160

Framerates:
1. 25
2. 30
3. 50
4. 60

Install and run:
1. Unpack archive on same place
2. In directory NTimelapseTool run ntt.exe

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5d6MmBBuF8lTUluMlRheU10OHM/view?usp=sharing

Administration, are you kidding me? Merged with this thread???? 0_o

Last edited by a moderator:
it's already being sold online. here in Philippines there are 3rd party resellers offering the monopod w/ bluetooth remote button.

there is a method in pairing the shutter to the yi camera. i think you will have to long press the wifi button 2-3 seconds.

once the camera is switched on and finished with the blinking led boot lights just quickly double press the wifi button and it pairs automatically. its really easy

just make sure camera has latest firmware or it wont work

side button is wireless toggle. One click = wifi, doubleclick = bluetooth.

the first time pairing you need your phone to pair bluetooth remote with camera right? and then i can turn off my wifi/phone and remote will work with camera.

if i turn off camera and turn it back on, do i need to re pair again with remote threw my phones wifi? or will it remmber it on camera and pair automaticly each time?

is remote waterproof?

no, no and no. :D

hehe thanks for fast answer, but even for first time dont need pairing?

you enable pairing by "doubleclick" on that wireless button, camera looks for the remote and pairs it.

i was wrong. here is the correct step in pairing the bluetooth shutter with the camera, copied from a facebook page.

"1. Turn on the Yi sports camera.

2. Press the WiFi button twice, then the blue light is on.

3. The Yi sports camera and the Yi bluetooth remote controller will search each other.

4. Press the button of the Yi bluetooth remote controller. When the blue light of it comes on, the pairing is done.

More details of the Yi bluetooth remote controller.

Pls kindly note:
1. The Yi bluetooth remote controller is always on. The battery is expected to be used for around one year.
2. You should connect the Yi sports action camera to the Yi cam APP of your smartphone, too.

>> How to connect the Xiaoyi bluetooth remote controller to your smartphone? <<

1. Press the Xiaoyi bluetooth remote controller.

2. Turn on the bluetooth of your smartphone, search a device named something like "XiaoYi_RC(DB09)", then connect.

3. You can use control the camera of your smartphone with the bluetooth remote controller now."

simple youtube guide to pair:

Question, is there a reason why the camera will ONLY pair with the original Xiaomi Yi bluetooth shutter? Why doesn't it work with a 3rd party bluetooth shutter?

ofc - 3rd party shutters communicate with a cellphone running some standardized OS like android / iOS and sends to that OS "commands" the OS knows.

there is no such thing within the camera. Xiaomi would have to allow these devices, which they won't since you won't have to buy their RC.

ofc - 3rd party shutters communicate with a cellphone running some standardized OS like android / iOS and sends to that OS "commands" the OS knows.

there is no such thing within the camera. Xiaomi would have to allow these devices, which they won't since you won't have to buy their RC.

Ahhh of course. I feel like a doofus haha. From what I recall, the cell phone ones pair up and act as a Bluetooth Keyboard. Makes sense now. I need more coffee :)

Hi..

Can i use bluetooth remote to control multiple yi cam? just like GoPro remote...

Back