Is there any difference between using the GPS mount power port vs using the power port on the camera itself for the A129?

Andy555

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129 Duo
I wanna try mounting my camera in a new position right under my mirror, but this would block access to the top port on the GPS mount. I already use the port on the side of the camera and it seems to work fine but I just wanna make sure I won’t be shooting my self in the foot if I lose access to the other port.

Also with my old dashcam, it came with two plastic mounts with the adhesives on them. It looks like the A129 only has the one GPS mount with the adhesives separate, anyone have tips on removing and putting the new adhesives on the mount? Thanks.

no. Only difference is you get GPS from the mount. I believe the 3 wire hardwire kit uses the port on the side as well.

No problem to use any of the ports. It is even better to use the side port of the camera like for parking mode with the special kit.
You have a spare adhesive kit.

enjoy,
Mtz

I wanna try mounting my camera in a new position right under my mirror, but this would block access to the top port on the GPS mount. I already use the port on the side of the camera and it seems to work fine but I just wanna make sure I won’t be shooting my self in the foot if I lose access to the other port.

Also with my old dashcam, it came with two plastic mounts with the adhesives on them. It looks like the A129 only has the one GPS mount with the adhesives separate, anyone have tips on removing and putting the new adhesives on the mount? Thanks.
1. Absolutely no difference between ports.
2. To remove mount from windshield use either a long blade utility knife or dental floss to separate mount from windshield. Remove residue by rubbing, scraping and some alcohol.

Reactions: Mtz
2. To remove mount from windshield use either a long blade utility knife or dental floss to separate mount from windshield. Remove residue by rubbing, scraping and some alcohol.

If you want to use parking mode with the 3 wire kit, you HAVE to use the port on the unit not the one on the GPS mount..

I get that part, I used fish line when removing my old dashcam from the windshield and it worked quite well. But after getting it off the windshield, whats the best way to get the adhesive off the mount? Because Im assuming you have to pull that off and then put a new adhesive on the mount right?

I get that part, I used fish line when removing my old dashcam from the windshield and it worked quite well. But after getting it off the windshield, whats the best way to get the adhesive off the mount? Because Im assuming you have to pull that off and then put a new adhesive on the mount right?

Start at any corner and roll the adhesive pad towards the centre, comes off easily, no need to pull.

Start at any corner and roll the adhesive pad towards the centre, comes off easily, no need to pull.
Okay thanks.

Make sure everything is clean and dry before putting new adhesive on, no fingerprints, no road grime.

Back