Is there any way to get less of a wide angle video using scripts or firmware hacks?

xbonet

Reaction score
Country
France
Obviously the fish-eye comes from the lens placed in front of the sensor but I havre seen elsewhere footage that is not so wide and only mentions software or firmware hacks. So other than buying another lens, is there perhaps any way to get the software to choose a central area of the footage and save it at 1920 x 1080? I know there are scripts that allow for a wider angle view, like the GoPro; so I know it's possible to widen the view and therefore I'm wondering if it's possible to shorten the view as well... Any ideas?

If you shoot at a higher res and crop to 1920x1080 that would achieve this.

The view is fixed based on the lens. The resolution captured at is the only thing you can change, and from that, you can either accept it or crop it.

Hi, Yizee, thanks for your response. I thought maybe there was another way that would save me hassle in post... :( Anyway, I'm trying to use the codes found here:
https://github.com/PJanisio/Xiaomi_Yi_autoexec/tree/master/bitrate/1.2.13
in order to get a 2560 x 1440 image at 30fps and at 35 mbps bitrate, but the hacks are only working on my camera on the current video format chosen in the app... and this video format isn't available in the app. So I'm wondering how can I have access to it? How can I force my camera to record at this resolution always?
Thanks again!

There is inside the Yi app an option: Lense rectification correction.
This mode zooms into the video to crop out the wide angle places.

Hi, again, Tanckom! I'm assuming for this, again, I'd have to downgrade, right?
Thanks!

Yes. Delete current app, and install it from the given source

Back