Is There Such A Thing?

WiLDRAGoN

New Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Sydney
I'm after a dashcam with the following specifications.

  • Full HD 1080p - 1920x1080 @ 30fps
  • Built in GPS antenna (not external)
  • Glass lens (preferably 6 layer)
  • Suction mount
  • LCD screen

I've done a lot of searching, but can't find a product that meets ALL of those specifications.

Ability to support 64GB card would be nice too, but not necessary.
 

jokiin

Well-Known Member
Manufacturer
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
49,105
Reaction score
27,354
Location
Sydney, Australia ~ Shenzhen, China
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've got that with 5 glass lens, only 32gb though, 6 glass lens you'll generally only find in Taiwanese cameras at the moment, 64gb support is hard to find at this time, very limited
 

Mitch

Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2013
Messages
148
Reaction score
7
Country
Singapore
For 64gb or 128gb flash memory card, purchase those factory pre-formatted to FAT32 SDHC ones which will likely be compatible to your Dvr.
 

jokiin

Well-Known Member
Manufacturer
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
49,105
Reaction score
27,354
Location
Sydney, Australia ~ Shenzhen, China
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mitch said:
For 64gb or 128gb flash memory card, purchase those factory pre-formatted to FAT32 SDHC ones which will likely be compatible to your Dvr.
Above 32GB is SDXC, the majority of cams that support SDHC won't work with these regardless of how they're formatted, there are a couple of cams about that will work with the larger cards but very much in the minority
 
OP
W

WiLDRAGoN

New Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Sydney
jokiin said:
I've got that with 5 glass lens, only 32gb though
32GB is fine. I'm mainly interested in the glass lens with built in GPS. What is this one you have?
 

jokiin

Well-Known Member
Manufacturer
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
49,105
Reaction score
27,354
Location
Sydney, Australia ~ Shenzhen, China
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by a moderator:

Mitch

Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2013
Messages
148
Reaction score
7
Country
Singapore
jokiin said:
Mitch said:
For 64gb or 128gb flash memory card, purchase those factory pre-formatted to FAT32 SDHC ones which will likely be compatible to your Dvr.
Above 32GB is SDXC, the majority of cams that support SDHC won't work with these regardless of how they're formatted, there are a couple of cams about that will work with the larger cards but very much in the minority
There are 64gb SDHC fat32 flash memory card readily available on the market. Technically speaking they should be able to work on DVRs certified SDHC ready. There's a few workaround to doing the reformat for existing non-FAT32 (ex-Fat/SDXC) 64gb SD/Microsd cards to make it FAT32 compatible for use on the devices.

Here's the guide to formatting FAT32, and may be worth exploring if you have an old 64gb SDXC card to do this experiment.
 

jokiin

Well-Known Member
Manufacturer
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
49,105
Reaction score
27,354
Location
Sydney, Australia ~ Shenzhen, China
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Have you got a link, have yet to see a 64GB SDHC card but would be interested to know more about it
 

Mitch

Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2013
Messages
148
Reaction score
7
Country
Singapore
Here you will see the supplier selling pre-formatted microsd in FAT32. This is just an example of what I mean they are readily available on the market. I am sure they have done some FAT32 reformatting before packaging.
 

jokiin

Well-Known Member
Manufacturer
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
49,105
Reaction score
27,354
Location
Sydney, Australia ~ Shenzhen, China
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mitch said:
Here you will see the supplier selling pre-formatted microsd in FAT32. This is just an example of what I mean they are readily available on the market. I am sure they have done some FAT32 reformatting before packaging.
All I see is an SDXC card????
 

Mtz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
3,686
Reaction score
2,062
Location
Nice place
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A119. WR1. SGGCX2. GitUp.
Even is preformatted what will you do when you want to format the card?

enjoy,
Mtz
 

jokiin

Well-Known Member
Manufacturer
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
49,105
Reaction score
27,354
Location
Sydney, Australia ~ Shenzhen, China
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
WiLDRAGoN said:
I don't see any details of the camera or how to buy it at that link.[/quote]

the details of the camera are in that thread, if you want more specific info message me your email address and I'll send you some more details
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top