Is This a Decent Dash Camera - Geko Orbit 950

chobo2

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi

I am looking for a decent but cost effect dash camera for my wifes car, as she been very unlucky with her car lately (the last one was someone hit her car in the parking lot....thankfully they left a note but they easily could have not).

I meaning looking for something that will capture "parking incidents" while no one is around(I understand it will require hard wiring) and decent quality so we can zoom in and grab the license plate if needed.

We are looking at this one https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...f-fb-au_fp-a2c-ad_b-tc_ca-l_en-c_na-m_na-rt_7

It is within our budget but there are so many models out there that range from $50 to $500+ it is hard to tell what to get.

Does that even have parking mode? Does look like a nicely designed system though.

Edit Just looked at the spec and it does appear to have parking mode but that’s the only mention of it, so no idea what options it has for parking mode.

Does that even have parking mode? Does look like a nicely designed system though.

Edit Just looked at the spec and it does appear to have parking mode but that’s the only mention of it, so no idea what options it has for parking mode.

Yeah I was wondering what kind of parking mode it has as well. If all else looks good then I probably will order since sale ends tonight, I will contact support and find out more info. If they get back to me and it's not that great then I will just return it.

Will report back when I get some info from them.

Apparently it is now sold out, so looking at other options. The next option I see which is about $80 CAD more is the Thinkware X700. Any thoughts on this one. I did see a review here that saying it was decent, does not have wifi or smart app like the Orbit.

Back