Is this a good camera?

darren.p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the market for a front and rear in car camera. I stumbled upon the AC-700E from this website, but can't seem to find any independent reviews of the camera or anyone else selling it. Does anyone have it? Do you think it's a good camera? I seems pretty decent to me but just wanted to ask the dash cam talk crowd before I commit my money.

KOME dashcams ( re-branded ) are popular in Russia. They are mid-class range dashcams and perform ok for what they cost there, however you can not compare them with high-end class products.

Reliability is probably ok, biggest complaint I see with these cameras is poor bracket design, they suffer from micro vibration which affects video quality

Thanks for your responses. What do you think of the Mio MiVue 698 Dual camera? Is it more reliable compared to KOME?

Thanks for your responses. What do you think of the Mio MiVue 698 Dual camera? Is it more reliable compared to KOME?

it has not long been released so hard to say what reliability is like, one of our guys has been testing one for the last few weeks to see what it's like, no reliability issues have come up, the features like lane departure, collision warning etc are not very effective but that's pretty much the same for any camera and not something I'd suggest using anyway, the build quality of the camera is very nice, much higher standard than the KOME products

it <Mio Mivue 698> has not long been released so hard to say what reliability is like, one of our guys has been testing one for the last few weeks to see what it's like, no reliability issues have come up, the features like lane departure, collision warning etc are not very effective but that's pretty much the same for any camera and not something I'd suggest using anyway, the build quality of the camera is very nice, much higher standard than the KOME products

The Mio 5-series seem to be very reliable (528 & 538 have been trouble-free for two or three years) but they've skimped a bit on the components - AIT8427 which struggles with fast-moving situations (stuttering/blockiness) and a fairly large (f1.8) but mediocre quality lens which creates colour anomalies around the edge of contrasted objects causing some loss of detail in some situations.
The same processor and lens was carried over to at least some other later/higher models.
The Mio 698 lists a f1.8 lens in the front cam (same as 528/538), f2.0 lens in the rear (same as 508/518), same field of view (130') and mentions AR0330 (same as in 5-series) so much of the 698 could be carried over from the 5-series. Clips on Youtube have a distinct 528/538 feel to them.

Back