Is this a real K2000? (eBay)

Jack_xD

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
G1W
Hi. I know, the price is super cheap for a K2000, but the specifications and the way it looks are like the real one.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1080P-HDMI-F...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51a9c4f9c9

It has the silver ring, the H.264 codec, a HDMI out and you'll get a HDMI cable with the camera, and the Resolution:
1920*1080 ( only Micro SD card class 6 or above),1440X1080, 1280*720, 848*480, 640*480

Could that be a real one? Or would it be worth to buy it?

could only be a cheap Novatek chipset at that price, is that what they normally use in these? Not a model I'm too familiar with

could only be a cheap Novatek chipset at that price, is that what they normally use in these? Not a model I'm too familiar with
According to the FAQ yes. The real K2000s use a Novatek based chip.

Also be aware that the camera really only shoots in 720P even though the listing says other wise, and as jokiin mentioned the price is cheaper. The real ones sell for $50/36€/53 AU $ and the auction price is a little on the low side

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the FAQ yes. The real K2000s use a Novatek based chip.

Also be aware that the camera really only shoots in 720P even though the listing says other wise, and as jokiin mentioned the price is cheaper. The real ones sell for $50/36€/53 AU $ and the auction price is a little on the low side

I think when people think Novatek they often think of the 96650 which is their top model which does do decent video, these cheap units generally use the 96220 chipset which is nowhere near as good, standard rules apply, you only get what you pay for, sometimes less

Last edited by a moderator:
these cheap units generally use the 96220 chipset which is nowhere near as good, standard rules apply, you only get what you pay for, sometimes less
Looks like NT96632BG so not the decent one found in the G1W, and the NT96632BG is just what is in a real K2000 who knows what could be inside this cheaper one in the eBay listing.

Also no time stamp at all from the images the seller posted in the listing makes me a little weary as well. While time stamps can be faked or other screen shots used some sellers tend to over look this when posting an ad.

For instant I have seen sellers claim to be selling a DVR-027 look a like that claims HD, but the screen shots they used from that camera show the knock off version time stamping (The good ole green in the corner) and not the real DVR-027 HD time stamp.

Could that be a real one? Or would it be worth to buy it?
If you are looking for a decent camera and money is tight the lowest i would recommend to go is the G1W.
It has the decent Novatek 96650 chip it looks really decent during the day and is only $52/32€
After accidentally dealing with a knock off DVR-027 and a real DVR-027 myself and now a G1W the G1W looks great compared to the other two.

Back