Is this a v4

franka

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a SGGCX2 2018 (v4) from Amazon, which arrived today.
The box was correctly marked and the contents were as shown in the advert, with no cable trunking to mount above the camera.
Everything was checked and it appeared that all was in order, until i turned it on to set it up.
When i came to the version setting it showed as 01-2017. A;so in the date setting it showed as early 2017.
Also, going through the menu it had a setting for contrast. As i understand it the contrast setting has been dispensed with as being not required.
One other thing the windscreen mount was the thick version, to allow mounting on vertical windscreens. Was this supplied with the v3.

All the above makes me think this is a v3 camera in a v4 setup.

What are your thoughts?

The new 2018 “SGGCX2” is the successor to the 2017 “SG9665GC V3”

SGGCX2 is being marketed as the SG9665GC V4 so people know what it’s all about.

They both use the same firmware which has the same default date.

What’s different?

SGGCX2 has new private tooling. Lens now swings a full 90 degrees for true vertical windows. PCB is at a new angle so the cables plugged into the top ports no longer hit the window when you plug in the cables. The same lens found in the new SG9663DC is also used in the SGGCX2. Maximum Heat and Cold tolerances have been increased. Ventilation has been enhanced. SG9665GC has a 322 Sensor, SGGCX2 has the 323 Sensor. SGGCX2 warranty can be extended to 24 months for free if you register online.

There will be a new cable tray cord cover available in the near future for SGGCX2 (new tooling). If you want one let us know and we’ll ship you one once they are ready.

In addition to what @Street Guardian USA said you may look at dashcam body/shell. V4 is slightly different to v1-v3 version.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

I didn't take a note of it apart from the year.

Reading the replies on here, and looking through the forum, it appears that i was too hasty in jumping to conclusions and rejecting the product.

I have spoken to Amazon customer services to try and have the camera returned to me, as i really want this camera after poor experiences with Viofo.

They have said that it would be difficult to return as a refund has been made and the camera is now travelling somewhere within the system.

They advised me to place a new order, which i have done and am now waiting for delivery.

Looking back i feel rather stupid in being too quick to confirm the year of the camera

Not sure about that. Speaking to customer services the item will be returned to their distribution centre for repacking and checking over, and then presumably returned to sale.
This camera had never been installed in a car, and still had its protective membranes on the lens and screen. The only thing to be replaced is the microSD card that had been removed from its package.

I still feel rather guilty about returning it, after finding out, on this forum, that the camera was correctly sold.

Anyway, i have now received and installed my replacement and am very pleased with it.

As for the cable cover, my previous camera was an Auto Vox, 2015 vintage, and i have used that.

"Jokiin", thank you for your reply, it made me feel much better.

Not sure about that. Speaking to customer services the item will be returned to their distribution centre for repacking and checking over, and then presumably returned to sale.

this has been an ongoing issue with Amazon, they'be been instructed never to put a returned product back into inventory for resale yet they keep doing it, history tells us they have no idea about the products and they put products back that should never go back and someone else ends up getting a poorer buying experience, one of the challenges of dealing with Amazon unfortunately

i have less of a problem with it when it's sold by "amazon warehouse deals" and clearly marked as a customer return or open box. i bought my Neato robotic vacuum that way and saved almost $100. it was advertised as complete, but was missing replacement filters and "virtual wall" magnetic tape. when i contacted them, they quickly sent me the missing parts without issue. obviously not every transaction may go so well, but i've had pretty good luck with amazon concerning returns or other issues.

Hi Jokiin

As already said, my SGGCX2 is now installed and i am extremely pleased with it.

There are differences with the information given in the "user guide" compared to the down loaded user manual, as follows:-

1-Angle of view
2-Storage temperature

and of most concern

3-LCD display[shown correctly in user manual as 1.5"---wrongly in the user guide as 2.0

Hi Jokiin

As already said, my SGGCX2 is now installed and i am extremely pleased with it.

There are differences with the information given in the "user guide" compared to the down loaded user manual, as follows:-

1-Angle of view
2-Storage temperature

and of most concern

3-LCD display[shown correctly in user manual as 1.5"---wrongly in the user guide as 2.0

yeah the details in the online manual are correct, the printed one is wrong, that's the problem with printed manuals you can't fix them once they've gone out, apologies for the confusion

Back