Is this DVR207 the real deal?

Ron J.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a RuiLinXin DVR207 from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00CHI7QBY). I've read good things about it, but on my unit, the auto exposure feature results in certain regions of the video frame darkening. Sometimes the video appears to go unjustifiably dark even during daylight conditions.

This is a collection of clips from my unit:

Is this unit the real deal? If so, is this standard behavior for these units to have dark scenes in certain daylight conditions?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! I will try the Velcro fix.

I purposely orient the camera so the hood does not show because I wanted a "clean" video that I can use in my video projects. I'm hoping the Velcro fix will help alleviate this auto exposure issue.

Thanks!

I just want to confirm, if I buy the $23 DVR in the Amazon link above, the consensus is I'll be getting the real thing, or functionally equivalent?

I just want to confirm, if I buy the $23 DVR in the Amazon link above, the consensus is I'll be getting the real thing, or functionally equivalent?
That's what threw me off for a second.
The timestamp in the users video looks like a DVR-027.
He says he bought it from RuiLinXin witch matches the amazon listing.

However....
It is only 23 dollars
It has the USB plug end (Real DVR-027s use a Nokia phone charger type end)

A one star Amazon review says seller FJ Love is selling knock offs under the listing witch is the seller on this one currently that is 23 dollars.

The post was at the beginning of the year at one point the RuiLinXin may have been selling real DVR-XXX, but this one is a knock off. To be honest for the price of a real DVR-027/207 I would just get a G1w. 1080P and sort of kind of WDR, but not really at 53 dollars.

I would be cautious purchasing this camera for $23. They may have substituted a lower quality model and dropped the price.

I was finally able to implement the recommendations on this thread. I put a visor on top of my DVR207 lens. It's not the Velcro one, but I cut out a cardboard and colored it black. Then, I carefully trimmed it, so it does not show up on video. Unfortunately, I still need to trim a little more, because my videos currently have a small, black spot on the upper left corner.

Despite the visor recommendation, I still get the constant fluctuation of exposure levels. I've even pointed my camera towards the ground, so the hood and the wipers are now showing.

Video 1:

I also noticed another peculiar behavior with the camera. The trees appear to change color from green to pink and vice-versa.

Video 2:

I was finally able to implement the recommendations on this thread. I put a visor on top of my DVR207 lens. It's not the Velcro one, but I cut out a cardboard and colored it black. Then, I carefully trimmed it, so it does not show up on video. Unfortunately, I still need to trim a little more, because my videos currently have a small, black spot on the upper left corner.

Despite the visor recommendation, I still get the constant fluctuation of exposure levels. I've even pointed my camera towards the ground, so the hood and the wipers are now showing.

Video 1:

I also noticed another peculiar behavior with the camera. The trees appear to change color from green to pink and vice-versa.

Video 2:
Camera is still pointed up too high, nothing you can do about that

Seems like there's no IR filter on it

Back