Is this exactly the same as the möbius 2 just smaller?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok so I see that this has been recommended not to be used as a dashcam, but anyway. On my möbius 1 I have never changed the battery for a capacitor, and I have it set to switch off once the engine is off, so that doesn't bother me. And I know they can swell if they get charged too much but I have two möbius cameras as dashcams and that hasn't happened yet.

So, if I choose this is it just exactly the same as the möbius 2 in terms of video quality? If so why did they make the möbius 2 so big?

I have no idea how the mini have kept up, hopefully its better than the mobius 2 that have been somewhat of a let down for mobius fans.

But this little sucker really need a lot of air flowing across it to keep temperatures down, and that's what rule out its use as a dashcam.
Even the M2 get pretty warm if you ask me, for sure one of the hottest cameras i have handled in my car.

I keep hoping for the m2 to get a miracle firmware update, but i am afraid the mobius guys have picked a real uphill fight here.

The Mini is smaller, and use different solution. I have one.

Since Mobius is well aware that the M1 and M2 are used as dashcams, I'd believe them when they say the Mini isn't suitable for dashcam use. They very well know whereof they are speaking ;) Try it if you will and let us know your results, but no whining allowed if it turns into toasted plastic as they say it will :rolleyes:

Phil

I think first and foremost the mini was build with quad racers in mind.
At least i think it would be suited perfect for use that way.

Back