Is this HD OUT connector dented or is it supposed to look like that?

blink

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Is this HD OUT connector dented (at the red arrow part) or is it supposed to look like that?
What is the purpose of HD OUT? Seems HDMI cable too big for that connector, what cable to use? Thanks

TUxetJy.png

6ATF2EH.png

fmtjJnr.png

Q0am7f5.png

It look like a mini type C HDMI port, but it also look like there is something wrong with it

adapter.jpg

Thanks. Can I still use it? Will it be damaged more if I connect cable to it?

That i am not sure about, i have no ideas what kind of signals wizz thru a HDMI cable, but some of them may short circuit and destroy the camera in worst case.

I would just remove the memory card and play the files on my computer or other devise that have a SD card slot of USB, using the camera itself as a player are not something most people do.

If you want to play on your TV it should also have a USB plug, in that you can put a card reader and then use the player in the TV that's probably a lot more easy to use then what the camera have.
My TV have a little USB - > USB wire permanently connected to i can plug a memory stich or anything with media in it to play it on the TV.

I have some HDMI to mini or micro HDMI adapters i use when i mess with cameras, mostly adjusting focus if i have changed lens, in day to day operations the HDMI port on a camera are not needed, its only if you want to use the camera as a player.

Is this a new camera? If so looks as though the HD port was damaged in manufacturing and was past through QC somehow. If not new may want to not force HD cable into port should plug in easy. I would not use the port and contact the manufacturer .

That i am not sure about, i have no ideas what kind of signals wizz thru a HDMI cable, but some of them may short circuit and destroy the camera in worst case.

I would just remove the memory card and play the files on my computer or other devise that have a SD card slot of USB, using the camera itself as a player are not something most people do.

If you want to play on your TV it should also have a USB plug, in that you can put a card reader and then use the player in the TV that's probably a lot more easy to use then what the camera have.
My TV have a little USB - > USB wire permanently connected to i can plug a memory stich or anything with media in it to play it on the TV.

I have some HDMI to mini or micro HDMI adapters i use when i mess with cameras, mostly adjusting focus if i have changed lens, in day to day operations the HDMI port on a camera are not needed, its only if you want to use the camera as a player.

Can you show me a photo of this "USB - > USB wire", "My TV have a little USB - > USB wire permanently connected to i can plug a memory stich or anything with media in it to play it on the TV."?

What adaptor should I buy if I want to connect a normal HDMI cable to the HD OUT port?

Thanks all. I have contacted the manufacturer and will do an exchange soon.

Its just a extension wire, just with the big "A" plug in both ends, male/female
IMG_20180119_083418.jpg

Its mainly for convenience as my old LG television are not that well designed in this regard, newer ones while also having miracast - googlecast and what ever that stuff are called should also have a USB plug that's more easy to reach.

I use 2 HDMI adapters, one are just a little plug with mini HDMI in one side and regular HDMI in the other side, and then my micro HDMI adapter are a 5 inch wire with micro in one end and regular HDMI in the other.
I can use the regular HDMI cables i have to create distance, by TV are close to my livingroom window so i dont need much before i can film out the window and then look at TV screen to adjust focus when i have been messing with lenses.
IMG_20180119_084154.jpg

Back