Is This Memory Card Worth a Trip and Try?

GeekOnTheHill

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
4Sight TODC2, Street Guardian SG9663dc, Vantrue S1 Pro
http://www.microcenter.com/product/508118/256GB_microSDXC_Class_10_Flash_Memory_Card_with_Adapter

It's about a two-hour drive for me, but I'm looking for a reason to go to Micro Center anyway. Any thoughts on whether this card's stated specs make it worth the trip? If so, and at the $59.99 sale price, it could be a pretty good bargain for a 256GB card.

I've never had any problems at all with Micro Center branded cards in other devices. But other devices don't tax cards like a dual-channel dash cam does.

Thanks,

Richard

have no experience with that card unfortunately so I couldn't really say, I supply our engineers with SanDisk A1 and High Endurance, Samsung U1 and U3 and Transcend 400x and High Endurance cards for testing and development

have no experience with that card unfortunately so I couldn't really say, I supply our engineers with SanDisk A1 and High Endurance, Samsung U1 and U3 and Transcend 400x and High Endurance cards for testing and development

Then I guess I'll be the guinea pig. I drove down there and bought two of them, and used one on the trip back home. All the files were intact.

How long the cards will last is, of course, an unknown. But they do have three-year warranties that do NOT exclude dash cams, according to the gal at the Yonkers, New York store. But Micro Center has always had a very no-hassle return process. I doubt they'd even ask what kind of device the card was used in. When something under their name fails within the warranty period, they either replace it or give the customer a refund. They don't mess around. They're too smart to piss off their customers. That's why Micro Center is still around and growing when brick-and-mortar retail in general is dying a slow, excruciating death.

Here are two videos from the trip home, chosen for their relative visual complexity (at least compared to the rest of the trip).

Richard

Back