Is this model even available anymore??

Daffypuck

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ive looked high and low for this model and cant find it. Is it still even being made?

The Zoran chipset factory went out of business so no further SGZC12SG / SGZC12SS / SGZC12RC products can be produced. (lack of components)

Street Guardian has since switched to using Novatek chipsets. SG9663DC SG9665GC SG9665XS

SG9665XS will be the closest form factor today. More models coming into 2018.

SG9665XS V2 has a Sony Sensor

Hello, Jon, I've got an older Panorama 2s that seems like it might be reaching it's end of life, so I'm looking at possible replacement options for when that day comes. The SG9665XS (V2) seems like a suitable/spiritual successor, but I was also looking at the comparison videos between the original SG9665XS and the SG9665GC (V3) and the SG9665GC seemed to have the edge on video quality. Is this due to the Sony sensor, and if so will the SG9665XS (V2) with Sony sensor be on par with it?

Hello, Jon, I've got an older Panorama 2s that seems like it might be reaching it's end of life, so I'm looking at possible replacement options for when that day comes. The SG9665XS (V2) seems like a suitable/spiritual successor, but I was also looking at the comparison videos between the original SG9665XS and the SG9665GC (V3) and the SG9665GC seemed to have the edge on video quality. Is this due to the Sony sensor, and if so will the SG9665XS (V2) with Sony sensor be on par with it?

the XS V2 will do better video than the XS V1, particularly in low light situations, we still have further work to do on the firmware so should see further improvements beyond where it's at now, I think it's already doing better video than the Zoran chipset cameras we had previously though

That is excellent news. Thanks!

Hi Jokiin. Like jnshk, I also have a Panorama 2s that is likely reaching the end of its life span and needs to be replaced. I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about your products:

1. Do the SG9665XS and SG9665GC address bright light and colors getting washed out better than the 2s does? Here are a couple pictures as an example of what I'm talking about:

2s whitewash (1).jpg 2s whitewash (2).jpg

2. Is there a CPL filter available for the SG9665XS?

3. Does the SG9665GC have an edge over the SG9665XS when it comes to video clarity and sharpness?

Thanks!

Panorama II S was a Zoran + Sony product.
SG9665XS V2 uses Novatek + Sony

Novatek SDK has more options to fine tune Sony sensor Image Quality further for sure.

There is no CPL for the XS at this time, but looking into a 3D print option at some point. A "stick" on CPL would probably be ok as well but seems the Amazon listing isn't around at the moment.

Thanks for the information Jokiin. Just curious, any plans for a 60fps model in the future? Do you know of any drawbacks to them besides large file sizes?

We will have some 60fps capable product later on, file size differences are minimal, that's not how it works and is a common misconception, bitrate is what determines file size, we may offer selectable bitrate if we see the need

Back