Is this my fault?

blazn420

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR750S-2CH, B-124 Battery
On my way to work, with a car in front of me. I hear the revving of a motorbike but I can't see the bike, so I continue at a slow speed in my lane. Finally the Motorbike comes up alongside me, knocks on my window, and tells me to "wake up". Is this on me? From looking at the video he had plenty of room behind me and decided to stay in my blind spot. I also had about less than a foot to my right from the guard rail. Not sure what he was expecting me to do.

I think tele tubby motorcyclist are a idiot.
1. He put himself in a dangerous place.
2. He bleep the throttle, i assume to make you accommodate him.

I have nothing for people like that

I did hear him throttling but I couldn't find him in my mirrors I assumed he was on the other side of the truck.

I'd say the biker was being an idiot, more so than normal. Lane splitting is optional (if it's legal), not mandatory. It's up to him to insure it's safe before putting himself between two much larger vehicles, either one of which could turn his little toy into a pile of scrap metal.

unfortunately the best place to ride a bike to be seen (middle of the lane) is the worst place to ride a bike due to oil that drops on the road so they end up sitting in a blind spot

unfortunately the best place to ride a bike to be seen (middle of the lane) is the worst place to ride a bike due to oil that drops on the road so they end up sitting in a blind spot

Basic motorcycle school teaches you to be on the left side of the lane behind the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this is why everyone hates motorcyclists. Lane splitting isn't legal in NY and surrounding states. Motorcyclist in the wrong for any and everything he does while breaking the law.

1575216644271.png
I did hear him throttling but I couldn't find him in my mirrors
If you want to be seen, wear something visible, if you want to die, copy that guy!

"wearing any reflective or fluorescent clothing had a 37% lower risk"
"Compared with wearing a black helmet, use of a white helmet was associated with a 24% lower risk."
"voluntary use of headlight in daytime was associated with a 27% lower risk "
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC387473/

37 + 27 + 24 = 88 %, only 12% left! :unsure:

The argument for many a biker here if you ask them " why do you make your motorcycle so loud" the RPLY are " so people can hear me in traffic"
Which are probably the most lame thing i have ever heard, cuz if they then ask "if you are so safety minded why don't you wear proper motorcycle attire and high visibility colors"
And why do you need to be heard in traffic, by that argument all cars should be honking all the time, and do so with cruise liner horns.
Then they completely shut down and don't want to talk to you anymore, and if any you are the strange / weird person.

CUZ None of it are true, they just want to be bad ass and tough, and if there is a price to pay for that outside of buying the motorcycle and the loud aftermarket exhaust, well then that's for us other people to pay.
And none of that are bad ass or tough, pretty much the opposite.

Last edited:
In construction work and with the AMA motorcycle safety classes, you're taught to not think that you're seen until you make eye contact. Even then they might forget you're there but at least that gives you a better chance. What you never do is put yourself where you can't be seen by someone who could put you at risk, and you never manuever yourself into such a position.

Being very aware of bikes, if I hear one I look for it, and I always give them safety space. But if I heard this one and couldn't locate it I'd have done the same thing- proceed a little slow to be sure I'm not going to run into the biker until I see them and figure out their intentions.

Phil

Back