Is this the quality of video I should expect?

Damn Dirty Ape

Reaction score
Country
United States
First time I've actually pulled some video off my DC and to me it seems jerky (see where the car passes us and almost causes a crash), fisheyed and really overall not what I was expecting. I exported it with no changes according to the video software.

Can tech support comment on what might be wrong? I also was thinking the polarizer would eliminate the dash reflections?

Last edited:
A CPL filter can not completely remove reflections in the windscreen, i think they come calibrated / adjusted for maximal performance, but if it are some degrees off it work less and less.

Can you share original video file (not edited, not cut), so we can playback directly on our PCs.

Can you share original video file (not edited, not cut), so we can playback directly on our PCs.[/QUO

What's the best way to do that? There is some audio on it that needs to stay private.

Can you share other part of that trip or any other videos from your dashcam which can be shared to public so we can check "jerky" effect on our PCs.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Received but that's not raw original video, it's been edited with next base player. Can you share the untouched original video?

Original file received and plays back perfectly smooth. Next Base player obviously has some bugs in it with the editing and export. Try playing back the same raw untouched clip you just sent me. Does it jerk for you? I just confirmed it plays back perfectly smooth on 2 different computers. (VLC Player)

vlcsnap-2018-05-10-13h16m56s258.png

Original file received and plays back perfectly smooth. Next Base player obviously has some bugs in it with the editing and export. Try playing back the same raw untouched clip you just sent me. Does it jerk for you? I just confirmed it plays back perfectly smooth on 2 different computers. (VLC Player)

View attachment 38013

I would have to agree that it is smooth in the actual clip versus the nextbase one. Does the dash reflect seem like an acceptable amount? Perhaps expecting a bit too much and this is how it should be.?

Looks good/normal
If the CPL is tuned to reflect any more light, it will make night performance suffer. (and won't be able to be left on 24/7) We think the current CPL is the perfect balance after years of testing how strong to make it.

Looks good/normal
If the CPL is tuned to reflect any more light, it will make night performance suffer. (and won't be able to be left on 24/7) We think the current CPL is the perfect balance after years of testing how strong to make it.

Is dashcam viewer still the best program to use for now? I grabbed one or two because they would let me see the wifi function.

Is dashcam viewer still the best program to use for now?

DashCamViewer is still the best app for now. There is a big re-write coming soon that should make the app a lot better.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...63dc-and-other-new-alternative-players.28689/

I grabbed one or two because they would let me see the wifi function.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, say again?

Did you update to the newest firmware?
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sg9663dc-beta-firmware.33142/

WiFI usage example can be seen here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/real-world-questions-on-the-dc.31537/

I would have to agree that it is smooth in the actual clip versus the nextbase one. Does the dash reflect seem like an acceptable amount? Perhaps expecting a bit too much and this is how it should be.?

some vehicles do have more reflections than others, try with and without the filter attached and compare, if the difference isn't noticeable it's possible the filter is out of alignment

For wifi access if you use an iPhone most users report Novacam as working, if you use Android you might find the DOD app works better

Back