Is this the real F500LHD?

Talontsi96

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just found this vendor selling the F500LHD. I'm ready to pull the triger on it but want to first confirm that this is the real deal not one of the fakes.

here is a link to the site. The price is cheaper than the $90 as it is listed at $76

http://www.cardvrcameras.com/dod-f500lhd-camcorder.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Found some footage from this camera and seller. Does this look like footage from a real F900LHD?

The footage looks pretty good to me. Looks like it might be the real deal.. and for $76 sounds like a good deal... Anyone care to comment on this?

Hi Talontsi96,

There are tons of fake F500LHD`s around. The best way to know is via firmware. Ask the vendor for the firmware number.

I also never trust videos from sellers since they may not be a true representation. One thing I noticed about those videos is that the date and time stamps are missing. From what I recall, this setting can`t be turned off on the real F500LHD. My guess is it is fake.

Dash Cam man

Thanks for the reply. I'll ask for the firmware version...

So it looks like this might be a legit F500LHD

This is the response I got from the seller when I asked about the frimware:

Thank you for the message.

Please note the firmware version is: V6.9 T2L-KH, please see the attach picture.

Br
Tiger

He also included this photo:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Does the screen capture look legit? If so I'll order one of these ASAP...

So can any one confirm for me that this is the read deal F500LHD? I'd like to order one ASAP.

Hi Talontsi96,

So I checked a F500LHD. The menu is exactly like the one you have posted and you can turn the date / time stamp off so the video could be from a F500LHD.

However these are the red flags.

No legitimate F500LHD is selling for under $90 on Aliexpress.

Take a look at one Aliexpress vendor New Cool ( a popular vendor for the F500LHD). They are selling a legitimate F500LHD for $91 F500LHD for $91 as confirmed by many Russian buyers.

They are also selling a fake F500LHD for $87. Note the negative feedback. They don't mention the firmware or show the firmware in this ad so buyers will have trouble opening a dispute.

I haven't found one person buying from cardvrcameras.com and I have checked many Russian forums who actively look for the best price on this camera (hence why the $87 camera sold, since people thought New Cool is reputable, why not save $5 on the camera). If it is a fake, you have no recourse since it isn't eBay or Aliexpress.

Also the site is showing 502 Bad Gateway when I connect now. Also if you google "cardvrcameras.com and ebay", click on one of the eBay listings near the bottom of the page. You will see they come up on eBay listings as a sponsored ad. They do not list on eBay but are buying "sponsored results" on eBay. Why would they need to pay for advertising when they are selling the product for so much less than the competitors.

I think it is a fake because the price is too good to be true, they don't sell on eBay or Aliexpress and they are paying for ads on eBay to entice unknowing buyers to purchase from them.

Dash Cam Man

Thanks for the response. The link works again so there must have been some hickup to give a bad gateway error. I ordered the camera before you posted so I guess I'll find out. There is not much I can do when the seller sends me pictures of the proper menu and firmware and has youtube videos of good 1080p quality videos supposedly from this camera. If I read your post prior to ordering, I'd probably wait but now I guess I'll find out if he sends me the same camera he sent me a firmware picture of. I'll keep you guys posted.

Hey Guys.

The seller keeps confirming that this is a real F500LHD... However he just sent me this e-mail and this photo... could you confirm this as legit? Did anyone ever hear of this firmware?

"Pls note we have a latest firmware version V5.12 T2L-KH, which are start from 5th Dec., it modify some bugs from V6.9 T2L-KH.

The products are same as before, only change is it modify some bugs from V6.9 T2L-KH, please see the attached pictures.

Is it acceptable to you?

br
Tiger"

I see that the firmware ends with GH not KH so that is weird to me....Here is a pic of it... is this a fake sucker then?

i42.photobucket.com_albums_e340_pnowicki_SDC10160.jpg

Hi Talontsi96,

That v5.1 T2L-GH firmware is for the Russian Kapcam Q2. The firmware is not an upgrade to the v6.9 T2L-KH since they are actually slightly different cameras. If you tried using a GH firmware with a KH camera, it would get bricked. The latest firmware for the Kapcam Q2 is v5.4 T2L-GH.

The Kapcam Q2 is actually a better version of the F500LHD. It comes with 228MB of internal memory instead of 14MB and it has an option to cut and store the current clip into internal memory. It also comes with a removable IR filter.

It is not as popular as the F500LHD since the price tag is usually quite high (>$150). Recently the Russian site Yandex had the Subini DVR-Q2, a clone of the Kapkam Q2 on sale for 3000 rubles ($100) and the Russians were buying them up fast. It is no longer for sale.

I really doubt this vendor will be selling the Kapkam Q2 for that price.

Let us know what happens.

Dash Cam Man

I certainly will. He sent me a bunch of photos of the unit including a whole bunch of unpackaged boxes of the unit. The screens hot of the firmware that I posted as well. I think I'll give him a try as he seems very accommodating and legit. We'll see what happens. If the cam is all good, it may be a great option for other people. I'll keep you guys posted.

So my Camera was shipped today. Now when I check his web site he has modified the description giving all the details he gave me and in bold red letters specifying that this is the REAL F500LHD camera and that if one were to receive a fake one from him he will refund double your money. It looks like it may be the real deal. I also see that the price went up to $79.99 now... We'll see once I get it...

Interesting that they updated the website. Hopefully you get a real one.

Dash Cam Man

I think he updated the website because I told him in my e-mails that someone was telling me that his camera may not be the real F500LHD and asked for pics of the firmware. He got very upset at that and sent me photos and guaranteed that it is the realF500LHD camera. I think that prompted him to update the web site.

Hi guys!
Also very interesting F500LHD real or not. The price is great!

DashCamMan, many thanks for your site, it is best for Car DVR!

DashCamMan said:
If you tried using a GH firmware with a KH camera, it would get bricked.
Tell me, please, firmware KH can be used on the GH camera?

Hi Wlad,

Unfortunately the KH firmware cannot be used on a GH camera. Since you are Russian, the best source of information on the F500LHD is from this Google Doc in Russian. Much more information on the Russian versions of the F500LHD as well.

DashCamMan, Thanks for the reply and for the link, I know about it. But there is no data on the new firmware (GH), nobody bought car DVR with the new firmware.

Hi all,

this site is great for discussing car dvr, i like it.

i also searching a real f500lhd. in russia, I can not find topics for this new firmware of f500lhd V5.12 T2L-GH, maybe it's new or maybe it's fake.

I found on kapkam website, it saying that the firmware version is V6.2 T2L-GH, not V5.1 T2L-GH, they are all ending with T2L-GH, so guess the firmware V5.12 T2L-GH should be a real one.

here is a link for Kapkam Q2:
http://www.carcam.ru/carcamq2.html

Any body have further information about it?
DashCamMan said:
Hi Talontsi96,

That v5.1 T2L-GH firmware is for the Russian Kapcam Q2. The firmware is not an upgrade to the v6.9 T2L-KH since they are actually slightly different cameras. If you tried using a GH firmware with a KH camera, it would get bricked. The latest firmware for the Kapcam Q2 is v5.4 T2L-GH.

The Kapcam Q2 is actually a better version of the F500LHD. It comes with 228MB of internal memory instead of 14MB and it has an option to cut and store the current clip into internal memory. It also comes with a removable IR filter.

It is not as popular as the F500LHD since the price tag is usually quite high (>$150). Recently the Russian site Yandex had the Subini DVR-Q2, a clone of the Kapkam Q2 on sale for 3000 rubles ($100) and the Russians were buying them up fast. It is no longer for sale.

I really doubt this vendor will be selling the Kapkam Q2 for that price.

Let us know what happens.

Dash Cam Man

DashCamMan said:
Hi Talontsi96,

There are tons of fake F500LHD`s around. The best way to know is via firmware. Ask the vendor for the firmware number.

I also never trust videos from sellers since they may not be a true representation. One thing I noticed about those videos is that the date and time stamps are missing. From what I recall, this setting can`t be turned off on the real F500LHD. My guess is it is fake.

Dash Cam man

Hi Dash Cam man,

date and time stamps should be a basic function, if you check with Kapkam Q2, Mistery MDR-800HD or TEXET DVR-600FHD, they all with date and time stamp on or off function.

So, it is difficult to say it's fake.

of course, I hope it's real, the price is good enough for have one.

Alex said:
i also searching a real f500lhd
Hi Alex, a few days ago I bought two F500LHD with this seller, I read it very reliable seller. There is a $91 F500LHD also read that the seller is reliable, but in the first seller more positive feedback.

Back