Is this the SG9665GC night video quality?

eurominican

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!

Is the quality if this video ok? Cant read any of the license plates, not even the signs. Just looking to see if this is normal or not for this Dashcam.

Night time clip not clear

Daylight video is awesome though!!

Daytime Test clip

Last edited:
Night clip and day clip was the same day example for me above. (Edit: thanks for fixing)

What firmware version are you on? If it's July you need to roll back to the release firmware until the new Auguest one is ready soon. We can only do so much at night though when moving fast, and yours looks good.

Last edited:
Hello!

Is the quality if this video ok? Cant read any of the license plates, not even the signs. Just looking to see if this is normal or not for this Dashcam.

Night time clip not clear

Daylight video is awesome though!!

Daytime Test clip
Upload to YouTube.
Site you uploaded says: "this site uses plug-ins that soon be unsupported". It is very hard some time to playback files from such websites. Need to go trough different browser settings, change in plug-ins etc. ( not user-friendly ).

After some adjustments in settings, I was able to playback. Your camera is too high to the sky. Now its 60% sky, 40% road. Make it 40 sky, 60 road. This way will be most optimal vertical angle.

At night time there are non of dashcams out there yet that could read licence plates from moving cars. Read THIS. along with video samples.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks normal, Niko's fast motion at night explanation is correct.

P.S. this is the SG9665GC (not the SG9665SC, typo)
Edit: thanks for fixing

Last edited:
Upload to YouTube.
Site you uploaded says: "this site uses plug-ins that soon be unsupported". It is very hard some time to playback files from such websites. Need to go trough different browser settings, change in plug-ins etc. ( not user-friendly ).
I uploaded clips from unmodified original footage; it was trimmed with QuickTime on a mac, I don't think it reencoded it because it was very fast. If a car is in front of me the license plate can be read perfectly, but as seen on clip, is the car is moving it's too blurred

After some adjustments in settings, I was able to playback. Your camera is too high to the sky. Now its 60% sky, 40% road. Make it 40 sky, 60 road. This way will be most optimal vertical angle.

At night time there are non of dashcams out there yet that could read licence plates from moving cars. Read THIS. along with video samples.

Ahh ok undestood!! Quality is definitely better than mobius which is what I had before.

Regarding the night footage, the plazza sign letters can't be read either, they are blurred. I'll assume this is normal as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
we are still working on some image quality related improvements in the firmware, even so moving objects at night are always going to be a challenge, as they are for any camera

I uploaded clips from unmodified original footage; it was trimmed with QuickTime on a mac, I don't think it reencoded it because it was very fast. If a car is in front of me the license plate can be read perfectly, but as seen on clip, is the car is moving it's too blurred

as you're a Mac user if you delete or copy any files off the memory card please format the card in the camera before using again, the Mac leaves some hidden system files that the camera can trip up on at times so it's good practice to format the card when you put it back in the camera

as you're a Mac user if you delete or copy any files off the memory card please format the card in the camera before using again, the Mac leaves some hidden system files that the camera can trip up on at times so it's good practice to format the card when you put it back in the camera
My first question to the Forum regarding deleting files from my new i1000 and I get the answer, reformat, so grateful, Thank you !

Back