Is your Micro SD card difficult to remove from your A129 Pro Duo?

OzAdam

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo 4K A129 Pro Duo & A119 Pro
Do you find your Micro SD card hard to remove from your A129 Pro with your finger?

On my A129 Pro Duo I am finding it rather difficult to insert or get the memory card out. I have to really depress the card so it unlatches and ejects. The travel is quite deep and my finger runs out of 'ability' to press the card any further most of the time. Eventually I get it but it is not easy and it takes several tries.

My A119 Pro is a breeze by comparison. It has a shallow card travel and ‘clicks’ with far less effort.

I learned I have to use both hands or the camera would come off the gps mount because I have to press harder to be able to eject it.

Same hear, can't actually eject or insert the microSD using my fingers.
I use an microSD adapter to insert the microSD in

Same hear, can't actually eject or insert the microSD using my fingers.
Same here - I keep a couple of adaptors in the car exactly for that, if I'm in the house I have an old knackered 4GB microSD card that I use.

I think there was someone on here a couple of years ago who used to glue a small piece of plastic to the outer edge which made it easier to insert & remove (although you'd lose your warranty most likely that way).

Sounds like it is just the design of the cam, not a fault or anything. Ok good.

Same here - I keep a couple of adaptors in the car exactly for that

Do you mean one of those full sized microSD card adapters? How are you using it? Are you using the corner of it to eject the microSD from the dashcam?

I'm one of those individuals who sadly bites his nails...

I struggle to get any card out of any dashcam!!!

I keep a micro screwdriver in the car to pop them in and out. I wish there was a simply device with which I could push against the cards' edge!

I wish there was a simply device with which I could push against the cards' edge!

I keep a large paper clip in my center console storage shelf and find it to be a cheap, easy to replace tool for pressing a microSD card into the slot to make it release or get it to lock into place. A paper clip is also handy if for any reason you ever need to press a reset button on a dash cam.

Every dash cam I've ever owned or tested seems to have different characteristics to how well or poorly the microSD card slot functions. Some work better than others and some are atrocious. Sometimes even several samples of the same exact model of camera have memory card slots that are set slightly deeper or more forward on the PCB and so one will work effortlessly while another is a constant hassle.

The issue of recalcitrant memory card insertion and removal is an old subject here on DCT. For the longest time, I've been advocating for manufacturers to use indented memory card slots on their cameras as it is a simple solution that literally cures the problem. Unfortunately, we still see this on very few dash cams on the market today.

memory_slot.png

Last edited:
Do you mean one of those full sized microSD card adapters? How are you using it? Are you using the corner of it to eject the microSD from the dashcam?

Correct, I use the corner of a full size microSD adapter to insert or eject the microSD from thd dashcam.
It's also useful to carry the microSD. When I want to take out the microSD from the dashcam and take it home to view video footages on my laptop, I think it's safer to carry to microSD in a full size adapter given easy it would be to loose the tiny microSD

Correct, I use the corner of a full size microSD adapter to insert or eject the microSD from thd dashcam.
It's also useful to carry the microSD. When I want to take out the microSD from the dashcam and take it home to view video footages on my laptop, I think it's safer to carry to microSD in a full size adapter given easy it would be to loose the tiny microSD

A dual use tool - sounds like the way to go!

Back