ISAW Edge 4k discontinue recording while charging on mobile power bank (external battery)?

germany

Reaction score
Country
Germany
My english isn't the best, so I'm apologizing in advance. :barefoot:

I'm using a mobile power bank to charge any smart devices. It has a output of 2 amps so even bigger tablets are no problem.
Not so my action camera ISAW Edge. I'm using this camera as a dash cam while cycling. The battery lasts only four about 60 minutes and that's why I connect it so my power bank at the beginning. But it stops recording after 60 minutes anyway sometimes even a lot earlier. :mad:
When it's not recording, charging the ISAW Edge with the power bank is no problem. But in general it's possible to do so because there are people using this camera as a full dash cam with a cigarette to USB adapter.

Do you guys have any idea what the problem could be? :)

the camera heating up and shutting down due to heat, then again if you are cycling and the camera are not in a case that should not happen at least not cycling anywhere with normal temperatures.

probably a smart power bank that detects the battery is full on the connected device so it shuts off, the better ones often do this

Maybe try running it without the camera battery if that possible ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DrekiTech Action Camera Discussion 0
Back